Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishlake (Report)
First off, I would like to once again thank all for the the info that that was given.

I fished for a few hours on Saturday, and for a couple of hours on Sunday. I was fishing where the Twin Creeks flow into the lake, and I was using buggers, and zonkers. I only was able to land 1 19" lake trout, about a 16" Splake, and a 15" brown, that was almost as thick as long. Oh yeah, I also picked up 3 small perch.

The funniest thing of the trip, was the guy fishing on the shore, who I think got frustrated with his lack of catching fish, and seeing me catch my only 2 fish on Sunday, reel his line in, and look right at me, and cast to me, missing me by only a foot or two. I wished him better luck with his aim next time.

Jacob

ps, fishied Strawberry on 10/13, and landed 12 nice cutts, with the largest being 22". Using Buggers and zonkers from my tube.
[signature]
did you happen to see any browns spawning in Twin Creeks?
[signature]
SHUOLD HAVE LET HIM HIT YOU PULLED OUT A KNIFE AND KEPT HIS LURE! SOME FOLKS ARE POOR SPORTS Opps sorry for the all caps., didn't know it was set.
[signature]
if you were that close to him, you were probably at fault,

as a shore angler, i hate it when boats invade my area near shore . . . you had the whole lake to fish, while he was shorebound, and you had to get within casting distance of him . . . ever think of that?

sm
[signature]
I have to agree with southernman - Just go up to the Columbia River and have one of the shore boys whip a magumun wiggle wart at you - It will make you give them room after that. [Tongue]

Of course I've been pretty tempted to cast a few at some boats that were too close for my comfort - [pirate]

As they say - you need to walk a mile in their shoes...[crazy] and ignorance is NO excuse..

Keep it safe out there...
[signature]
oh no not the wiggle wart ! ! !

[cool]

sm
[signature]
I have to take offense to what has been written. No way in hell was I gonna kick out 100 feet from shore and try to fish with a fly in 90 feet deep water...that is just not a option. I was kicking in my tube back and forth along the shore probably 50 feet out, caught my first fish where the stream came in, and made a few casts there. I was very courteous to him, and even talked to his wife who was there with him. I ALWAYS watched where they would cast, and stay away from where they casted, as to not disturb his Powerdough. I was fishing probably 10-15 feet down in the water column, where he whas dredging the bottom. I was in no way affecting where or how he wanted to fish...He was just pissed because he wasn't catching any...and cast the total opposite direction of where he had been casting towards me in my float tube (which was his own choice) at that point he was invading my space. I found it quite humorous.
And I have spent my fair share of time walking the shoreline, and would never consider someone in a float tube 50-60 feet from shore invading my space.

Jacob
[signature]
hey, no offense meant, we're just talking here . . but as far as im concerned you were wrong . . .if he could cast to where you were, and he was there first. . . you were invading his space . period . . i dont care where he was casting initially . . .

sm
[signature]
[cool][font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]Hey, Bro. Don't get hacked off about the comments from non-tubers. Consider the source. It's like the Pope making the rules about birth control when he doesn't play the game.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]You were simply taking advantage of the options offered by using a float tube...to be able to fish where the fish were, without having to cast twenty pounds of lead and hope your "power dough" ended up in the right zone. With float tubing, you determine where the fish are and then keep your flies or lures in fish country the highest percentage of the time.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]You were fishing water that he was not using. Your only crime was being a knowledgeable fisherman and catching fish when the other guy couldn't.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]I doubt that there are many serious tubers who have not had to suffer the slings, arrows and jealous casts from shore "tanglers" who usually do not know squat about basic fishing...much less serious fly flinging. They are usually the personification of the saying "A jerk on one end of the line waiting for a jerk on the other"[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]I once had a group of "ethnics" come over the dike at Willard bay while I was kicking and casting along the rocks for walleyes and a few channel cats...on lures. These guys all had about 3 or 4 rods apiece and began casting at me, over me and all around me...so they could catch the fish they had seen me releasing.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]I soon had enough and power kicked another hundred yerds down the dike and began casting again. One of the bunch came running up and hopped down the rocks just ahead of me, and started whipping the water to a froth...trying to catch the fish before I got there.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]No problem, I turned around and casted in the other direction and caught a couple of fish...released of course. The wild-eyed competitor grabbed his gear and come hopping over the rocks toward me. Too bad. He didn't make it. He misjudged a jump and went butt over teakettle into the rocks. Dumped his tackle box and broke his rod. Broke my heart too. (Not)[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]He started screaming at me, like it was my fault. Then a couple of the others came running down to help him. As soon as they got close they started throwing rocks out at me. Stick a fork in me, I'm done. I kicked out far enough that they could not reach me and went back inside the South Marina to load up my car and boogie. [/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]I got to the road just as it was getting dark and the mosquitoes were coming out in clouds. I noticed two vehicles parked at the end of the dike and saw nobody else fishing. I assumed they came in two cars. I used my big fillet knife and filleted 8 tires. Two days later, one of the cars was still there...on the brake drums. I hope they had a good time walking back to town in the mosquitoes.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]My point. Don't get mad. Get even. Turn the other cheek only to pick up a two by four.[/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]And don't let non float tubers tell you that you were wrong. Next thing you know they will say it's your fault you got run over by a PWC or a water skier inside a no wake zone because you wouldn't let them use you as a slalom pylon. [/size][/#0000ff][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#0000ff][size 3]Whew. Can you believe the calm, cool, collected TubeDude actually spewed all that vile stuff?[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
[signature]
This brings to mind the times that I've fished Utah Lake at the State Park jetties when the white bass or walleye are active. People would just start fishing five feet from you. They would put their buckets down, give you a Smile and start casting. Many times, I have to untangle my line from theirs because they have snagged me. What makes me more p-oed is when they start reeling in the fish, not that I was doing anything different from them, but because their bait was inches away from where I casted. I've told most them that they are fishing too close to me, but mostly have ignored me, either from apathy or from not understanding what I said. Anyway, I believe in giving angler their space, which I believe Jacobl did, and it is just common courtesy to do that. Maybe doubling the distance would help ease the tension a little bit.

Just my humble opinion,
kastmaster
the difference between your story & J's story is he was the invader, and you were the invadee . . but its never cool to cast towards a float tuber . .or frieking throw rocks at him . .

cubs are winning 2-0, man i wish my grampa was still alive, i remember last time i fished with him .. he was a cubs fan for 80 yrs

sm
[signature]
nobody gives a sh$* what guests say . .

sm
[signature]
just about the ballgame . ..unbeliveaaaaaaaaaaable . . . ive been called a lot more than 'in poor taste' you schmuck . .

sm
[signature]
Just to make one thing clear, I was the first on on the water, and I was there fishing where the stream comes in before they pulled up in their car.
[signature]
well if you were there first, you were totally in the right, he was the invader;

and you were totally in the right in the fact that nobody should cast near a float tuber even if there is some perceived intrusion, somebody could get hurt . .. or dead . .respect the water . .

sm
[signature]
Southernman you are totally right, even after we(BFT members) were filled in on that he was fishing that spot first.

I don't care one if somebody is in a tube, boat or fishing from the shore, everybody should give the next fishermen/women the same distance you would expect.

That sucks tube dude but thats the price us fishing masters have to put up with. Your scenario is an average day on the lake except for the rocks and such.
[signature]
You're the man of the year!!! It's cool to see one keep his composure in the heat of the moment. Those guys are just jealous and feel they have nothing to lose. Stupid mindless morons imbrieated on some cheap beer!
[signature]
Well think this: the golfer has a bad day... what does he do when he's pissed off? He either breaks his club, or throw it in the golf course pond. Thus same speaketh for pissed off anglers... no differemce here.[angelic]
[signature]
Now you bring up the subject of shore anglers... I find it very amusing when I'm in my boat slowly trolling the rocky shoreline for smallies... and I'll be catching them because I'm casting toward the shoreline where the smallies usually congregate and the shore fishermen doesnt have a clue on how to catch them because they cast toooooooo far out in a place where smallies just arent there at all, and even funnier they are right under their noses and they get all pissed off at me. Hey I'm tellin you shore fishermen, maybe you should learn what I did to catch them, and do likewise and there's no problem. So they do get flustered when they find that what I taught them is correct and they have fun. They soon learn to forgo the trout and start bassin'.

Now, I am not a mindless moron that invades their spots, I usually am there first thing in the morning and they came later on, and I do give them space by trolling away from their line of fire and then troll back into spot where there's nobody there...
[signature]
i know that area that this happend and it's a combat zone on a good day on a bad day there are pepole fighting over the bank area around the inlet.. but i must say it's a good place to fish from the shour.. it's about the only place you can fish from the shour!! and i must say if you were close enough for him to cast within a foot of you then you wrer not giveing him space.. you say that you wrer 50 to 60" out but that dude must have been slinging some heavy lead... i have fished all over from bank,boat.and what ever i can fish from if someone envades my space i get P-oed my self..but you had the wole lake and there are alot better fishing holes at fishlake than where you wore..if your going to fish fishlake in a tube i would recommend staying away from the combat zone altogther.. and fish the cheez hole area or mack run area..

from the fuzzyfisher--------------------------------fish on dudes
[signature]