Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nother good day at hyrum
[cool] We decided to head to Hyrum instead of Bear Lake for Monday after Crestliner and BLM said the fish are just not up shallow yet. It was a good decision for the kids. We went at 2:00 pm in the afternoon because of the full moon and within about 10 mins we had fish hitting. There were some small perch in the area that picked at our worms, we caught two 4-5" perch. The trout this time wer nice for Hyrum. We normally catch 11-14" fish, but this time we got two in the 16" class. It's so much fun when a little 4 and 7 yr old has a chance to tangle with fish that are huge to them. Our fish were taken on worms floated off the bottom and also green Powerbait. Fishin wasn't fast but it was fast enough that we didn't get board (4 trout, 2 perch). Had to leave at 4:30 so I could get to school.
[signature]
NICE REPORT!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Where on Hyrum were you fishing? Just off the ramp? I've got a 4 yr old who want to catch fish but she breaks me every time we go to the trout farm! We need to get the Spongebob pole out on Hyrum this weekend! IFG, you were looking for a Saturday outing! HA![/size][/font]
[signature]
It looks like a good time was had by all.Don't you just love the looks on the kids faces when they reel in a fish. Nice pics.
[signature]
nice fish and best of all the kids had fun.. looks like you fished off the dam to me. thats one place I fish when I'm not icefishing hyrum good to see that you got bigger fish. keep up the good reports
[signature]
We were in the south corner of the dam. The water appears to be pretty shallow there but the trout are there in about 10 ft. There were a few other fishermen out but not catching many. A couple folks tried the "hat" area then switched to the middle of the dam then took up residence in our spot when we left. I suspended a half a crawler from a floating jighead or Powerbait both about 18" off the bottom.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Thanks, Fishnate! The grandaughter will love catching any thing. I just hope I don't have to bring anything home! [/size][/font]
[signature]
[#ff0000]Looks like fun! Hyrum is a nice family type place. We love to take the boat out to fish and barbeque at the beach area. I had to drive my four year old over there and look over the beach area for a while today to calm him down. He had to take his new Hooked Tackle Producer Prism shad to bed with him last night. He wants to go fishing so bad it's even scaring me! I think we'll play preschool hookey tomorrow and do a marathon day at Willard before he drives me craz(ier)! [/#ff0000]
[signature]
I would still get skunked with the SpongeBob pole at the trout farm. The good news is at least I might be able to cast it. I'm tired of getting outfished by you, now you want to humiliate me further by having the Granddaughter outfish me? Is there no limit to your cruelty?

IFG
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]She's trainable so I figured so are you. Maybe it's time for you to get back to basics but she's not very good about sharing the SpongeBob pole![/size][/font]
[signature]
20' Gregor Center Console - $20,000

Trip to the Gorge - $200.00

SpongeBob Pole -[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] (edit)[/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]$8.95 (including line)

Look on BLM's face when BLM's granddaughter won't let IFG use the SpongeBob pole - PRICELESS[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]As they say in the military, rank has priviledge! HA![/size][/font]

(EDIT) FIne I'll buy my own SpongeBob pole, no wait, I'll get a better one. Maybe a Donald Duck or ever better a Power Rangers. Then I will be unstoppable! Does the Inetnational Game FIsh Association have a category for fish caught on cartoon carature poles? If so, I will rule it, just you wait and see!

P.S. Does anyone know if a SpongeBob pole can handle 20# braided line?