Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake LMB Starter KIT
Plain and simple, I am new to Bass fishing, want to go get me some gear, What are the staples for every tackle box to increase the odds of catching some large mouth???
[signature]
plastics - tubes, worms, senkos creature baits etc
cranks - deep diving rapalas, jerkbaits
Top h20 - poppr's buzzbaits
swim baits - castaic brand are bomb
sub surface baits - xwalk subwalk gliders
[signature]
The above post is good stuff. A few more particulars. Black senkos' in 4-6 inch. White Skirted spinner baits (single and dual bladed versions in 1/4 to 1/2 ounces). Skirted jigs, black/orange, black/red. I tip them with white bass strips some times but a good Rhine will work as well. Buzz baits in white are one of my favorites. And the all encompassing 6-8 inch black plastic worm. There are a ton of soft baits. I like Gary Yamamoto and Berkley gulp stuff myself.
[signature]
All good advice. Every bass fisherman has an assortment of 6" senco worms. Black and watermelon being the most popular.Read bass Master to get alot of tips for each season. Be prepared to be addicted.
[signature]
I'm not saying you are wrong gdn, but i have always used 5 in senkos. I have never used a 6" one. Is the action any different? Also, with the senkos, you dont have to buy the expensive brand name yamamoto senkos. Try out the yum f2 dingers, wave fishing tiki sticks, even gander mountain and bass pro stick baits. Me, i try to get every use i can out of worms due to only being 16 and having a small income. I first texas rig the worm, after i fish that for a while and fish start tearing it up when it comes around the eye of the hook, i wacky rig it and catch more fish. Any other questions, please ask.

Another good color of senko, or any stick bait, is one of my personal favorites purple, or try anything that is watermelon colored. Such as watermelon red, watermelon black flake and so on.
[signature]
Try to order in bulk,my buddy gets from Luck E strike,those same stick worms,and they come salted.In bulk they come out to like 10 or 15 cents I think.. per worm...he told me but I'm not sure,cheap though.I order in bulk from Barlows tackle.I find it cheap,and they have some product in bulk.I only get the 6" hooktail worms and the 4" lizards,they might have what your looking for,senkos...I got 100 hooktails for 9 bucks plus shipping,but shipping is cheap around 5or 6$$
[signature]