Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4/15 Weber
Finally made it up there this morning. Got there about 7am. Perfect morning.. no wind, just sunshine and luckily plenty of hungry fish. I caught 10 in about 3 hours. so not an amazing day by any means.. but I was entertained. 4 Browns and 6 White fish. None of the Browns I caught were very big.. but a couple of the white fish had some size. Most were caught on a Olive scud but I got a few on a sow bug. My top fly was a red prince. Nothing hit the prince.
[signature]
i fished up top as well today. got 33, 18 of them whitties. i got 95% of mine on a 22 red copper john. kinda odd how a few miles difference and everything changes. none of the browns had any size either. i did pick up 3 on a streamer before the wind strarted blowing. was cold up in the canyon as well, 34 on the truck
[signature]
Yeah it was cold.. It was sunny but cold. I was just a little ways above Morgan. I was fishing a spot that gets a lot of pressure. I really need to start exploring new areas. I know Im selling myself short hitting the obvious..easy to get to spots.
[signature]
its defenitly worth putting the foot work in thats for sure
[signature]
Some good looking fish there man! Seems to be that the whitefish LOVE them scuds and sow bugs. I try to avoid using those flies unless the fishing is REALLY slow and wanna get into some whities.

I think all of us feel the exact same as you when you say you need to find new places to fish. We kind of got screwed with HB 141 and all of us are forced to fish the same waters! Kind of hard to spread out! Least you were able to get out and get into some fish!
[signature]
Nice fish, If its the area I think you are in, your right that place gets pounded but still fun place to catch a few fish.

On the upside I've restocked my tackle bag with spinners and stick baits found in that area. [Wink]
[signature]
Dude! Jealous from where I am sitting! Great job man. Maybe I should go back to the weeb......with flies this time!
[signature]
I was up there this afternoon. The weather was great probably mid to high fifties and sunny. I was there for about twin and a half hours and caught seven. They were all browns and almost all on a sow bug either gray or tan but none over 15 inches or so. Foul hooked the biggest one of the day and had what must have been a ten minute fight. I was a little surprised to see a very average sized brown once I finally got him in the net.

I have to admit though it was the most fun I have ever had in my short time using a fly rod. I can't wait to do it again.
[signature]
Dr.Lumber wrote:[/quote]
I have to admit though it was the most fun I have ever had in my short time using a fly rod. I can't wait to do it again.[/quote]

+1 on that.

Im pretty new at this too. Just getting out and catching something..anything.. Is all i can ask for.
[signature]
wait till the summer is coming to a close and the hoppers start flying, then your going to want to fish near the farms in the middle section. hang on cause its a blast
[signature]
nice brookie man and mountain whities. when ever i go for brookies there small but are fun to catch.
[signature]