Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oneida Res.
Hey everyone! I'm from the Utah board and fairly new to BFT. I'm planning on headin up to Oneida this weekend and I'm hoping to do some fishing while I'm there. Just curious about where to fish on the res./river and what to use, tactics, ect.. I'm hoping to try and get into some walleye or smallmouth. I've never fished up there before... So any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
[signature]
I've just fished it a couple times but there is a cove just west of the maple grove camp ground where the water gets deep fast and the fish seemed to be in there last time I was up. I think you can fish it from shore as well as a toon or boat there. I was catching cigar eyes, small mouth, perch and sun fish. I also caught some on the other side of the campground but west was the hotter spot that trip. Let me know how you do I'd like to try it in the next month or so. Later J
[signature]
I haven't fished it very much, but I have done ok off of the rocky points on the east shore. I was mostly north of the campground.

Good luck and let us know how you do.
[signature]
If any of ya'll "Northern Southerners" are heading up there - I'd be glad to tag along, or ride tandem. Haven't fished any of those lakes, but would like to. And anywhere the walleye are is somewhere I'd like to be!
The eyes have been doing ok so far for us. Its been getting better and better as every day goes by but we did manage to get our first couple of small mouth bass with this one being the biggest.....
[signature]
Well that settles it, I know where I'm goin saturday! That's a good lookin bronze back for up there.
[signature]
Nice fish!

Are you using your boat, or are you bank fishing?
[signature]
Thx. This was from the bank.
[signature]
It's a fun puddle when they are biting and from DMA's photo looks like they are growing too. Do they still pull trout out of the reservoir? I haven't caught any for a couple years so I just wondered if they quit stocking them and put more eyes in instead. Any reports on Twin lately? Sorry I still have the trout bug. I love a fighting bow. Later J
[signature]
If I end up catchin' anything I'll let ya know. Probably will be jus casting from shore...
[signature]
Nice fish! Thats what I'm hopin' to find... Were ya throwing tube jigs, or using lindy's on the bottom?
[signature]
They haven't stocked trout in Oneida for at least 30 years. They have only stocked walleye. The trout may be wild or come down from the river stockings up above there.
[signature]
Guess that explains the lack of trout. Thanks. J
[signature]
There is still trout in there a little harder to catch. Your best bet for one is to throw out some power bait under a bobber with about a 4 foot lead works for me.
[signature]
Yup the Bronzes are playing in full swing on the Bear!!!!! The eyes are just finishing up the spring fling thang as well..... Got these tonight it was fun fishing with my wife and little one......
[signature]
Nice fish. Good catch.
[signature]
Have you tried Twin lately? My Dad always took me to Twin as I was growing up and so I have a real soft spot for that pond and so I'd like to take him over there before he gets too busy for summer season. Also have you noticed if they are starting to do the boat inspections at Franklin yet? If not do they have a spot around there that you can get your muscle sticker? Thanks for the help and info J
[signature]
Here is a list of Vendors for the Invasive species stickers . Look at the Franklin Co Vendors.

http://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/asse...282%29.pdf
[signature]
Very nice!
[signature]
Thank you. J
[signature]