Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Calfornia Saltwater Fishing Club

Hi there guys,

I belong to a saltwater fishing club that goes out fishing the 3/4 day open-party boats out of Long Beach/San Pedro area once a week rain or shine, Summer or Winter, 52 weeks a year.

We normally go out on Wednesday or sometimes Thursday and number between 8 and 10 members going every week. The club has about 100 members (no membership dues). We can go out even in the Winter when normally a boat doesn't have enough anglers to go. So... 10 guys get to fish a 75 foot boat!!! Awesome is the word dude.

We have a meeting once a month on the first Monday at a meeting hall in Downey right around Paramount and Firestone. No meetings in October or November but we still hook up and fish on Wednesday. We're a bunch of older anglers, pretty good skill levels and friendly.

We have trip discounts, a raffle for prizes monthly and 2 charter trips a year.

Send me an email for additional details. We're going tomorrow for yellowtail. It's our group and 4 other confirmed reservations on a 75 foot+ brand new open-party boat. parrrrrrrrrrrrrty boat. Fishing party that is!

JapanRon
[signature]
Sounds great JR,

What do the Wends. trips end costing typically?
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator

Hi there theangler,

We get on the 3/4 day boat for $35 a head (we go almost every week all year long), breakfast and lunch runs $10 or so, jackpot ante is $5, fish cleaning is about 50 cents~$2 a fish. Then there's the galley and crew tip.

That's not counting gas, ice, last-minute tackle purchases!

I typically spend between 50 to 60 bucks IF I don't have a pass received from winning the jackpot and turning it over to the crew!

Pretty expensive if ya thing about it!

JapanRon
[signature]