Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sulpher
I fished sulpher creek near Evanston after the rain stopped yesterday. The eyes are startin to heat up. I was throwin football jig heads with either a chartreuse mister twister, brown and black mister twister, and white 3'' tubes. I tipped everything with either a worm or minnow. Slow retrieve. The water was 43 and they were hittin in 3-15 foot depending on water temp and structure. Caught 6 eyes, 3 trout and 1 smallie. The trout were all 22-25". The eyes were about 12-14". The small mouth was maybe 9-10". Nothing super. Sorry no pics. I forgot my camera. I was shore fishing gravel beds, rock points, and dark muddy bottom. I lost a lot and had plenty of hits. Trout were slurpin some midges and boatman in front of me. Lots of trout runnin shallow. (probably getin ready to spawn).
[signature]
Sounds like a good outing, guess I need to get up there and see if I can catch some 'eyes. Willard hasn't treated me very well. Thanks for the info
[signature]
Nice report thanks for sharing it. Wow, 22-25" trout in Sulpher creek, I've never fished SC but I had no idea they got that big in there. It sounds like the eyes in that lake are really coming on strong. How many hours did you fish?
WH2
[signature]
Last year a friend pulled a 8 lb brown out when we were bassin. I have caught both bows and browns over 5 lbs. The reservoir has always produced for me. Sometimes the fish seem picky and un cooperative but I can usually find what they like. Early in the year i throw mostly jigs in brown, chartreuse, and white. Both lube and twisters. As time goes and the bass and eyes become more active I throw tubes, cranks, rapala, ect. For bass and eyes in august i drop shot rocks and the over flow. Most the hard baits are a brown or rainbow pattern. In the fall brown spawn I throw mostly rapalas. If you want to take kids and catch a bunch of smallies (nothing huge size wise) thow a # 10 Blue Fox Vibrax Spinner in white. They love it. The trout love it too
[signature]
I have never been up there. What was the water like? Clear, Stained, mud???
Thanks. Nice job on the big trout.
[signature]
Wow, that is amazing the variety of fish that come out of that lake, if there were perch in there, you guys would have a little starvation on your hands[Wink]. What is the deepest depth of the lake?
[signature]
I have never seen anything past 45-50' myself. Its a little muddy now. Then it will clear up untill water foliage grows and will be a light stain
[signature]