Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Island park today
[Smile]Getting away for a couple of days,tied a bunch of lint.

Anybody know the hot spot up there?
[signature]
two weeks ago it was directly below the damn where the spillway dumped in the river. The Rainbows and Cutts were boiling like a bunch of stripers. The minnows are thick and the action would pick up ever afternoon from 1-4 p.m. It is all catch and release but it was a riot. I have never seen anything like it before. Multiple 5# fish crashing the surface and little minnows fleeing for their lives.

Good Luck.
[signature]
Thanks Tightline

I tied up a bunch of small flies,guess I better pull some minnow patterns from the bins.
[signature]
Tightlines

Thanks for the minnow tip. I put a Bryce bugger on my wifes outfit ,She hooked up some real pigs in fact she broke my GLX on one.
[signature]
sorry to here she broke a GLX but very glad you hooked into some jumbo's. You can always repay me with a Pro deal on a rod. If it was anything like when I was there it had to have been fun. Good thing Loomis takes good care of those rods that are broken in action.
[signature]
Broken rod is no biggy.

Loomis is sending me their new Stream Dance for helping in the design of them.

Their new Rods are sweeeeeet.
[signature]
HFT,

I am sure you have heard that stretch is now Bone Dry. From the dam all the way to where the Buffalo dumps in is dead dry they drained it last week. had a bunch people moving fish with nets and buckets but lost many. That is too bad. It was one of the best times I have ever had.

Tightline
[signature]
Lucky me we fished it 2 days before they did that,hopefully they will get the water back in before the real big fish move in to eat the White fish spawn.

they are supposed to let water flow in a couple weeks. Did you see the pictures of all those fisherman trying to move the fish?
[signature]
I did see the pics. I actually had a few friends helping out. There were a couple jumbos they pulled out just below the spillway.
[signature]