Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Morning
Spent a nice morning at Jordanelle today. I found out I dont know how to catch fish there. I spent the morning in the rock cliff area and I did manage to catch one nice brown 20" I try ed to take a picture but he decided not to pose and jumped back into the lake. I also donated a few 10 dollar lures to the lake. Any one got any advise for trolling there.
[signature]
How deep were you fishing? And how close to the bank were you?
[signature]
45 feet deep when I caught the brown. From the shore I would guess 50-100 yards. Marked a lot of big fish but couldn't get them to bite. They range from 16 feet deep all the way to 100 feet deep
[signature]
What was the water temp?
[signature]
Ah, deep. Targeting the fish when they are on the bottom is tricky because all the brush and trees you see on the shoreline, continue on down into the lake. I generally pick a depth say 15ft off the bottom and make a pass, if no fish and I feel i can get away with another 5ft down, I'll drop down.And so on and so forth. But, the brown trout action will be heating up in northern arm more than rock cliff. And the bottom isn't AS gnarly in that end. A lot of it is just fishing the water until you learn where the bumps and stumps are.
[signature]
Thanks for the information. I am going to give it another try next week.
[signature]