Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker Reservoir Report
Hot Day Break & Dusk, slow the rest of the day & night. Any bait works as well as gold kast masters. Craw fishing is non existent . 11 rainbows 8 browns & 3 albinos all released .
[signature]
Wow, 8 browns? Way to go! I've never heard of anyone catching that many browns in one day at Baker. How big? Any pics? Thanks for the report.
[signature]
I don't have any pics, I left my phone on the counter. The albinos were the big ones about 17 inches. Browns were 10-14. Bows were 8-12 and chunky. All browns were caught on the gold kastmaster. It was a long day I fished all day and all over the lake. The rocks by the damn were the best, but every other cast was snagged. I was I would have taken my fly rod, saw some boils at dusk. I tried fishing at night while waiting for lobsters to no avail.
[signature]
I'm surprised that the browns weren't bigger. Most of the ones that I hear about at Baker are in the 20 inch range. I was there a couple of months ago and only landed one fish, but it was nice, 20 inch brown.

Good job on getting those albinos. I've never caught one. I saw a couple of them swimming around when I was there but they weren't interested in anything I was serving up.
[signature]
Nice report ! Where is Baker Res located ??? Ive been wantin to get the albino off my species list for a while now !! Thanks for any info ..[Wink]
[signature]