Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading North!!!
A good friend of mine that lives in Anchorage is getting married the first weekend in November and I just booked my airfare!!![cool][cool][cool][cool] I just hope I dont miss his wedding, because of fish distractions!!!! I leave Oct 30 th. and am way excited, cant sit still!!!!
[signature]
[cool]Darned inconsiderate of your friend to plan a wedding for November, instead of June. All the salmon runs are over, but you might get in some rainbows in the rivers. Actually there are a lot of different species, but salmon are the glamor fish.

Also late in the year for halibut, but there are always a few to be had...if you can get out and if you can find how deep they are. The weather can kick up a bit from now on, and you don't even wanna be on the water with an arctic storm blowing in on ya.

Good luck with the trip. And observe carefully. Think of what the wise men say "A MAN DOES NOT KNOW WHAT TRUE HAPPINESS IS...UNTIL HE MARRIES. BUT THEN IT IS TOO LATE."
[signature]
Tubedude didn't mention that it will be a high of 30 degree and you will only have about 4 to 5 hours of sunlight per day - Can you say night-fishing.

Of course the honeymoon night will be 20 hours long - Oh Yah....

Good Luck Polokid and bring your socking hat, long johns, and mittems.

You might ask your friend if you can bring up any thing that would be expensive up there. Maybe to offset your trip costs...

I have heard the candy bars go for about $4 each in the outlining areas...
[signature]
I actually dont know how much time I will have to fish up there!!! I will try and get some in though. Main focus is to see an old college buddy get married. I will do sight seeing though!!!! As for fishing stuff to bring, my normal trout stuff, fly rod, flies, spinning rod and spinners work????
[signature]