Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey Pics 2012
At 7:30 Thursday morning I took my first mature bird. 20lbs 10"beard 1" spurs

How have the rest of you been doing?

Post your pics up!
[signature]
Very nice.
I hope to get one even half that nice in the upcoming statewide hunt.
[signature]
I've had a good year, even though i don't have a tag [:/]
Me and two buddies went opening morning, and we called in a really nice 10" bearded tom. It was a quick hunt, we heard him gobble in the roost, we hurried in and set up about 150 yds away over a ridge, and started calling. He flew down and about 5 minutes later strutted in. We let him strut around and gobble at the decoys for about 5 minutes and turned him jellyhead at 6:48 opening day.

Me and another buddy out the next day and had 5 toms called in within 40 yards. 2 of them were less than 20 ft behind us! He was trying with his bow and never got a shot, got drawn but never took the shot! We went back out a couple days later with the bow, and had 4 toms strutting around 80 yards, one finally came in close, but some hens flew overhead and got the toms running, he tried a shot and missed [:/]

This morning I took another buddy to some birds i've been scouting for a few weeks. We set up and as it got light we spotted a flock feeding on a ridge about 800 yards out. We had 5 decoys out, going for the flock feel. I started calling really loud on the box call and gobbler. The birds suddenly took flight and soared right toward us. About 8 hens/jakes landed about 50 yards uphill/behind, and 4 toms landed just over a small rise about 80 yards out. They ran over the hill, ducked under the barbed wire and started strutting about 10 yards from the decoys. He had to wait what seemed like forever for a bird to spread out so he didn't end up with multiple kills, and finally got a shot as they started moving back away from us, about 35 yards. Knocked him out at 6:53. This guy only had about an 8" beard, and knocked a tail feather out on the shot.
We're gonna try to sneak out again this week to get one with a bow!
[signature]
Great looking bird. I want to go after a tom hopefully next year.
[signature]