Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF on Saturday !!
Finally got a chance to get out on the pond Saturday !! Got to AF harbor at about 6:30, pulled up to the ramp and realized that the plug was sitting on the dresser at home ( pulled it for the trip home from Powell and did not put it back) So, back home to get the plug.

Got back to the harbor, plug in, getting ready to launch and notice two gentlemen trying to get their boat running. It was an older Evinrude that had a kill switch that was really worn. We finally got it to run, but they were unable to keep it running.

Got on the water about 7:30, 59 degrees. Ran to the North County Greenwaste ditch for some WB. It was very slow. Moved around and finally pushed the boat into the flow out of the facility and was able to put a dozen in the boat. No big ones, all 8-10 inches, all males( determined when cleaned). Testes were swollen, but not ripe.

After getting dinner, went south towards Lindon and began working the emerging green reed beds for bass. Spent several hours flippin, pitchin, and cranking the edges and pockets. No takers. Not much action happening. Usually can scare a few into moving through the reeds, nothing going on.

I had hoped to work north of AF River, but ran out of time
Had to get back home to go to my nephew's lacrosse game, Westminster vs BYU. They kept it close for 3 quarters, but BYU beat em 19 -11. Collin didn't have any goals, but tallied 4 assists.

Looks like things are in a state of flux on the lake, after the warm weather on Sat and again on Sun, it should start picking up. Talked to several boats that were fishing for cats, it was slow also.

No pics, everyone knows what a WB looks like. Most were caught on pink 1/16 oz. jig head, white tail. Had some swipes on chartreuse hd/tail combo, yellow red tail, but they inhaled the pink/white combo. Water temp never got over 59.
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you broke the chains and got on the water. Sounds like it started out to be "one of those days". Glad you got a few tugs for your trouble.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]THINK PINK[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I tried a bunch of other colors before the pink/white set up. It was the cats meow !!!
Therapist, an easy trick is to put that plug in a zip lock baggie with your keys EVERY TIME you pull it out.

Last thing you want to find come spring is a bilge pump running overtime.
[signature]
Usually it is IN the boat at all times, Don't ask me why I took it out on the way back from Powell !! It is back in now and will remain there !!! I only live 5 minutes away from AF, so it wasn't that big a deal, other than I needed a Leroy Jethro Gibbs head slap for forgetting it.