Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear River/Preston Area
Got out for a bit yesterday afternoon and wanted to try the Bear River out, total waste of time. It is totally blown out, chocolate milk with lots of debris in the water. Hit a couple Preston area reservoirs and man was that frustrating. Found fish, but they would hit so light that by the time you set the hook... gone. In about an hour and a half had 3 fish on and about ten hits but nothing landed. We were just bank fishing yesterday as my outboard has been acting up and is on it's way to the doctor. Hopefully by the time it is fixed it will be on down there.
[signature]
The rivers and streams are all getting blown out with this fast melt.

Sounds like the reservoirs are still a little slow and cold. Seems like with the hot weather we have been having it would pick up soon.

Thanks for the report. Sorry you had a disappointing day though!
[signature]
I figured for Spring conditions on the Bear, just not quite that bad. Hopefully the water temps come up a little bit in the next couple days on the couple other places.

Actually had a great day being out and about with my wife and daughter, despite the fish not co-operating. That's why it's fishing not catching I suppose...
[signature]
I was down there and had similar results yesterday. I'll be posting my results here shortly.
[signature]