Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofeild Res. and Electric Lake
It's the time of the season to fish these two, I'll tell ya what! I was up there last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and nailed the crud out of em. On Friday, the wind was so bad we decided to fish on Electric. The boat ramp on there is about 1 mile out of water, but the fishing is fantastic! We (my dad, grandpa, and little bro.) all caught about 10 Cutthroughts a peice on Rainbow Glitter power bait. The next morning, I went down to the spillway on Scofeild. First time I've ever used flies on my fly pole. I caught 5 bows and 1 cutthrought, all on a black wooly bugger. Latter that day, my mom and other little brother came up. We started bank fishing about 10, and by 5 we had over 60 2 pound rainbows caught! We all kept our limits. My dad and I went to clean them, and all the boat anglers at the fish cleaning station were crapping in their pants![Wink] We did better than any of them! The next morning, we fished for a couple of hours, and caught about 10 more bows, and called it quits. One heck of a weekend! By the way, every last fish other than the river fish bit on Rainbow Glitter Powerbait, fished on a swivle with 2 feet of leader and a 1/2 oz. slidding sinker.
[signature]
[shocked]Wow! Maybe I should go there instead of Strawberry! I've been wanting to hit Electric Lake for a long time now, but haven't got up there. Were any of the cutt's that you caught there decent size, or were they all little fellas?
[signature]
All of them were about 12-14 inches, and kind of skinny. I don't think that they have quite enough forige in that lake.
[signature]
O.k., last question. When you were bank fishing @Schofield, were you fishing by the damn in that little cove, or somewhere else? Thanks for your response.[Wink]
[signature]
We were on shore about 100 yards away from the boat ramp toward the main lake.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I haven't had the chance to fish either place, but I'd like to try one day. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]