Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Record Walleye ???
Got a picture emailed to me from a buddy. It read that his buddies sisters neighbor that works at the gas station saw a guy who know this guys that caught this fish last night and said it could be the new sate record caught out of UTAH Lake. All I know it it looks like a big A** Walleye.
[signature]
[#0000ff]Wow your buddies, buddies sisters neighbor that works at the gas station saw a guy who know this guys that caught this fish last night................ [/#0000ff][#000000]Looks like he could indeed be holding a new state record or close to it...Your right one big A** walleye. I would love to get the details but I would get wore out tracking down all those people to get to the guy that caught the fish.[crazy][/#000000]
[signature]
in a garage? Could be anywhere. In fact, it might be a stuffed fish. Looks like it is in very good shape - considering that it's in someone's garage. Wouldn't it have some waterspots, grey eyes, etc. Maybe I'm just skeptical of images people receive via email from their buddies sisters neighbor that works at the gas station saw a guy who knows this guys that caught this fish last night...
[signature]
WoW! almost looks fake,its in such good condition as if its still alive even,actually almost looks like a mount?Thats a biggen Jeez..I hope he gets the record.[Wink]
[signature]
Live wells are great for keeping fish alive I've heard[Wink] I don't think it's stuffed you can see the fat gut hanging over his hand. I can see the skepticism on where the info is from, joes brothers siters best friends co workers neighbors 2nd cousins preachers long lost fathers friend[cool] But seriously good for him that's one bad A walleye!
[signature]
I have held a 35 inch walleye.... That being said, The fish looks like it has the length and girth to be a state record, if it was caught in ut. I have seen alot of big columbia river walleye that are in good condition like that so it is possible. The guy is wearing a gloomis sweat shirt..... wasnt it to warm for a sweatshirt last night? Ha Ha! Regardless though it is a trophy no matter where it came from. [fishin]
[signature]
You'll know fairly quickly if it was a Utah record.

I don't think it took the Utah fish and game long to authenticate the record Wiper.
[signature]
I've caught a few Walleye in that range, but nothing even close to that condition. It is OBESE! (Drooling)
[signature]
well shit maybe it is a real deal maybe not? On the other hand i caught one twice as big once but didnt have a camera just ask my freinds ex girlfriends, brother, who was his coworkers freinds 2nd cousin that saw it 100 yards down stream. hahazhha just razin man, dont me to sound like a [#000080]deleted[/#000080].[Smile]
[signature]

to me that doesn't look like a Utah lake walleye, too much color. all the 25in. plus walleye I've caught out of Utah lake are more gray looking then anything. a very nice looking walleye though, where ever it was caught.
[signature]
I kind of agree with it probably not being a Utah lake eye, just an opinion and not a fact. That said it does look like a Deer Creek eye. I have never been blessed with anything of close to that size from Deer Creek, but he deep green is suspect. All in all a beautiful, dandy, striking, fish of my dreams.
[signature]
Everyone's comments make me laugh. I took the picture, the fish is real. It was caught Easter morning at 3:10am. He came home at 5:45am and woke me up to take his picture (which I was happy to do). It is a Utah Lake walleye, he is wearing a hoodie because he said it was cold and he had a jacket on also. I am so happy for him, he has wanted a nice fish like this that he can have mounted.
[signature]
Thank you for clearing that up for us. It certainly is a fine catch. Can you share the length, girth and weight with us?
[signature]
My husband is not divulging the information to the general public. I support him in his passion for walleyes. He feels that there are to many questionable "angling methods" of big walleyes and doesn't want his name drug into the mud or have false rumors flying around about him and his catch. The record doesn't mean anything to him and it's all about the catch. We will be able to enjoy the fish on the wall for years to come. We still don't know how the picture circulated in the first place.
I respect you for being willing to get up so early to take a photo of your hubby's prize. I respect him for putting in the time to get into such a fine catch.
What puzzles me a little is not being willing to share the stats. Is it being submitted as a Utah record breaker, or perhaps not?

I think the photo slipped out - because it was sent to your cousins, brother's sister's friend, that shares an office with a BFT fanatic, and couldn't help but slip a post....

Hey - congrats - wish he could teach ME how to do that!