Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who has been to strawbarry latley?? need some info .
I'm thinking about going up there this saturday for the get together but want to know also if there are still lots of ducks up there. I was hoping to shoot a few also (ok shoot at) so if you saw any ducks let me know thanks
[signature]
Moose,

I was up there on Monday. Did well trolling a 7 flatfish in Black. My partner caught a few on every lure he put out. We saw quite a few ducks over in the shallows by the Marina, and back by the old dam toward Renegade. They were huddled in the wind shadow on the north side of it. I wonder if a guy could have boated to the south side of it, hiked over the edge and ambush them from there with the wind like it was. Anyway, saw two flocks of geese too. They might have deeked in if a guy was set up. For what it's worth, good luck.

Fisch R. Mann
[signature]
hum black flatfish. I have a few of them I like to fish them there a lot. but mostly in frog. you did see some ducks and geese cool. I mosttly get them up in the moss beds but hey I'll fish were they are. thanks for the help
[signature]
Yeah, I like the black up there this time of year. I didn't try frog because I was having so much fun with the black. My buddy used a wedding ring lure, brass and orange spoon, black flatfish and a needlefish type deal. He caught a couple on everything. I think it was one of those days where it didn't matter so much what it was, as long as you were over the fish. As far as the ducks and geese, I didn't see them flying much, mostly set down. Nobody was shooting up there on Monday either, so they were probably pretty calm and easy to talk down if they did fly. You would see a few now and then fly around, but mostly they were hanging on the water early morning. I would set up in those shallows in the Meadow area near Renegade and maybe throw out some deeks just to bring them in, then once you'd worn out that spot, move to another bank and try that. Should be good for both fish and ducks right now. For what it's worth!.

Fisch R. Mann
[signature]
I was up their on monday too! but I was over in Jakes Bay fishin & tryin to shoot some ducks I seen a few but not alot they seem to be all flying over towards Mud creek area, maybe to get out of the wind and it was a cold wind all day! I only caught one fish but it was a huge fish!! 6lb 24" rainbow caught him on worm & marshmellow! I was heading back up their this next monday but going over by the ladders area.
[signature]