Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
40+ Day on Weber
I have to admit that a 40+ fish day on the Weber (which I fish quite often) has always seemed quite difficult to hit. I have had a lot of amazing days on the Weber but today was one of those days where nothing could go wrong.
I fished from around 10am to 3pm. Every run or hole I hit held fish....a lot of fish.
I was counting until I hit around 37 or 38...and then just lost track.
Main fly was a BHHE. Dropper was everything else. It didn't seem to matter what color or pattern I tied under the BHHE....it would still get hit 1 of every 3 fish.
Not a lot of huge fish....but a few nice large ones (19in+). Had a good number of average fish. Brown, Cutt, Rainbow, and White.
What surprised me the most is that I have never fished this public access part of the river before. I was thinking that since it was easy to get to it was probably hit pretty hard. With the way they were hitting today....I would swear no one has ever been there.
The best run of the day......10 casts = 9 fish.
Awesome day.
[signature]
Sounds like a lot of fun, cant wait for one of those days but for now I just hope for a 10 fish day [laugh]
[signature]
40+ = GREAT DAY! What section was this on?
[signature]
Where was I????????[Wink]
[signature]
Awesome! That is a lot of fish! I need to stock up on some BHHE. I love the Weeb. I was up there last week. Fun times.
[signature]
Nice! Nothing like a good day on the river. Strong work!
[signature]
Sweet report !
[signature]