Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone up for BearLake on Saturday?
I have talked to a few people over the last week and it seems all of them have gotten into the big fish. This seems to be the year for the 10+ pounders. I am kicking myself for not having been out there sooner. Looking for someone to go along for the ride. My usual fishing buddies can't make it. PM me if interested
[signature]
I've been thinking about getting up there with all the good reports I've been hearing lately but this weekend deer season starts. It will be at least a few more weeks before I could think about it unless I get lucky this weekend. Some of the guys are going to be at Strawberry this weekend for a BFT get together so that leaves the Bear lake die hards. I hope you find some one that wants to go and if the offer is still open in a couple of week I'd like the chance to get up there with you and chase some of those big Bear lake Macs and cutts. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We're headed up Friday morning and giving it a go. I'll post a report on how we did. Maybe I'll even remember to put the compact flash card in my camera this time. Be ready to fish the spawn, I hear they're moving in to their spawning beds.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008040][size 2]Hey BLM,[/size][/#008040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008040][size 2]How about a short (or long) tutorial on how to "fish the (mack) spawn" ... what to use, how to present, what to look for, where to fish, what techniquie, etc.[/size][/#008040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008040][size 2]I've never done it and was wondering how.[/size][/#008040][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008040][size 2]Your writings on fishing for Bear Lake Macks pre and post spawn times are very excelent and I would love to add "Fishing the mack spawn" to my library.[/size][/#008040][/font]
[signature]
I'll be up there Saturday and Sunday givin' it a go. I'll probably be taking my nephews out. They don't get to fish much. I'd love to see one of them catch a big one.

The spawners can be caught, but the ones still in pre-spawn mode are more active and I'll be targeting them first. They should be staging in deeper water just off the rocky areas they like to spawn in.

Darin from Pugstone's posted [url "http://www.anglerguide.com/affiliate/pugstones/"]this report[/url] yesterday.
[signature]
I am sure the offer will be there in a few weeks just let me know when you want to go
[signature]
I am thinking of jigging off gus's point. I trolled last year to no avail. Think I was too deep ( I read the report) but will probably troll a little anyway. Thinking of docking off the shore instead of going from the marina south to the rock pile
I'll look for you on saturday. Headed that way early Saturday morning for good fishing.
[signature]
I have been tempted to launch off of the shoreline near Gus' Point but have always chickened out. Curious what size boat you will be launching and whether or not you have 4 wheel drive on your vehicle? Also, have you launched there before?
[signature]
I launch off the breach all the time in the winter time and this will be the earliest time for me. But should have no problem ( I hope). And yes I have a 4 wheel drive. Don't leave home without it.
[signature]
Hope to see you there. Looks like I will be flying solo so I should not be hard to spot. Come say howdy
[signature]
Man I wish I was riding shotgun with you,but you know, other oblagations!!Hopefully my brother shoots one of those smelly things tommorrow and we will see you on the water Sunday!!Cant wait for your report,Later M.H.
[signature]