Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st and 2nd walleye!!!!
Soooooo after the last few trips of struggling to get walleye and giving up and switching to cats and white bass I finally got a couple!

I headed down to the Jordan to my new favorite spot by myself and started casting my jig on the opposite side of the current and letting it sink then slowly jogging it along the bottom. About the tenth cast I got a hit right on the edge of the current and it was on. Set the hook and reeled in my first wally!

About 4 casts later I casted farther up stream and let it sink. Once it stopped I was starting to jig and it felt snagged but nope. Felt it take off and set the hook I thought it was a cat at first because it stayed deep and thrashed. It finally came up right in front of me a nice 20" walleye. Couldn't have been happier.

I switched to cats soon after after snagging on a couple sticks and caught 4 channels.

Fried them upSmile
[signature]
Looks good.

Now you obbsesion will only get worse to keep catching them. LOL
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Nice marble eyes! Thanks for the tip on how you fished the jig. Keep up the walleye catching.
[signature]
That is AWESOME! Love walleye and kitty fish. The jordan is so close to me yet I haven't fished it yet. I really need to get out there and see what I can't get on the end of my line.

Thanks for the report and the pics! Simply sweet!
[signature]
20 inches is a great way to scratch walleye off the list. Way to go.
[signature]
Wow!! That's awesome I need to head out to the jordan.
[signature]
Looking at their tails, it looks like they already spawned.

Now for the important question....

How'd they taste?!?!?
[signature]
congrats. I find cool as heck you got them on the jordan and two is even better than one.
[signature]
nice eyes, looks like your hitting that place as much as i do. and thats the same jig ive been getting my eyes on, they like the sparkle tubie, also the little curly tails in that color are good too.
[signature]
I am glad to see the Jordan picking up. Going back soon myself to try and get some channels for the smoker. As for the eyes well I am super jealous! Great work SK2!
[signature]
I actually had a question about that! They were way far and full of this white pinkish mush in their stomach with an orange tube through it. What was it?? And they tasted amazing! Fried with beer batter in butter and oil with lemon juice on top dipped in tarter sauce w fries. So good! I did my weekly fish fry for my team.
[signature]
Let's go tyedye! I have a killer spot. The cats are the fattest I've seen
[signature]
White pinkish mush yuck! Haha maybe it was just some partially digested white bass or some other kind of fish they had eaten..
[signature]
No it wasn't in their stomach. it was outside. Had to be something to do w them spawning. It wasn't way mushy but it fell apart way easily and was all attached. I should've taken a pic
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Visceral fat. When fish have good feeding situations they keep on eating and building up the internal fat...kinda like a human couch potato. That is a good thing. Makes for much better quality fillets than if they were skinny and starving.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Oh ok that makes sense. Thanks!
[signature]