Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outfitter Expedition U boat replacement tube
Hey everyone, just found this site and have a question on a float tube that I have.
Awhile back I purchased an Outfitter Expedition U boat from Sports Authority and I can not find out who the manufacturer is.
I need to replace the tube.

Can anyone help me with this.
[signature]
Seems like float tubes are really big in CA. Anyway. maybe do some measuring and check this site out:

http://www.thefloattubestore.com/index.p...cPath=6_21
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Outfitters is a "price" line of tubes and toons that is no longer being made...and I doubt there are replacement parts available.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This line was actually a "knockoff" line made to imitate different models of the Trout Unlimited tubes...which is also no longer being made under that label. However, Classic Accessories had picked up that line and is now producing them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you go into this link for [url "http://classicaccessories.com/category.aspx?ID=3"]Classic Accessories[/url], you can look for the model that most closely resembles your Expedition. The bladder should fit okay. They have a phone number listed to call for questions.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Ok here is an update for Outfitter expedition float tube replacements. There are none.
So I went out an purchased the Classic Accessories Cumberland Float Tube from Cabelas.

Any thoughts on this model. Seems to be pretty sturdy and will hold alot of weight.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Classic Accessories is another of the chain of float tube and pontoon marketers who buy products made in China and sell them to the "price" market in the US. Like Outfitters and Trout Unlimited before them, CA seems interested mainly in the original sale and not so much in the aftermarket or replacement parts.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My observation has been that their products are good...for the niche they fill. They help newbie tubers get started on a budget and allow them to become familiar with the basic concepts...and what is important and not. Then, if they like tubing and want to upgrade later they have a better base of understanding upon which to make a more informed decision on their next purchase.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let us know if you need help getting set up and be sure to send pictures of your ready ride. Also send some pics with a lot of fish so we know you are putting it to good use. Never buy a tube just to fill a spot in your garage.[/#0000ff]
[signature]