Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back in the saddle-kind of
Took Sparky to the Weber to introduce him to water and a little fishing 10/15 for the afternoon. He's still very cautious (15 wks) but got him in and swimming. He seems to like moving water better than still. Can get him to swim across the river but not go in over his head in ponds??? Any way the fishing was surprisingly good for the effort we put in. Caught only 1 whity and lots of trout, 2 very nice browns. Sparky got very interested in fish. Used the old stand bys of gray scud and prince.

Tube Dude - still can't do any float tubing. Sparky is much too young and I can't go lone (still missing Bud).

[crazy]Leaky
How do you teach a dog about float tubing???? Every time i go out in the water on a tube, boat or anything that floats, she follows!!! I cant get her to stay on shore, she follows!!! ONe day I was in a rubber raft and i had her just follow me around for like 20 minutes, till i figured she was getting tired!! With Bud, what would you do?????
[signature]
polokid,

Don't plan on teaching him float tubing LOL. He'll just swim out there all day with me like Bud did or take a fish into shore (i.e. chub) for himself and come back in. It is wonderful exercise for them. When young and they don't have the indurance they either go in by themselves for a rest, I take a break and let them rest or haul them in the raft/boat.

[crazy]Leaky
Its good to hear you getting back into the swing of things, and having fun training a new pup. Good luck and hang in there. Are you finally getting some sleep? And not getting just a cat nap while traing the pup not to potty in the house
[signature]
FFM,

Would you believe after 11 days majic happened. He's going on his own outdoors all day and night!!!!!!!!! Have a few tricks that seemed to have worked.

[angelic]Leaky
Good to hear you are getting out there fishing and that Sparky is doing good.
[signature]