Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview, Ogden R. (N. Fk.) and Causey
Daughter had a school competition up in Layton yesterday morning, so when she was done there (she got the highest possible score, very proud of her!) we headed for some water. Stopped at Pineview first, hit one of the swim beaches. Both of us caught a carp, and then we got some bullheads. Chucked the bullheads back, but kept one of the carp, threw a chunk of carp meat on a hook and chucked it back out there under a bobber. A few minutes later..."Hey! Where'd my bobber go...?" Looked, couldn't see it, line wasn't moving though but decided to pop just in case. Popped...resistance...then nothing. Whatever it was liked a 1" square piece of carp, but was just as happy to spit it out.

Got tired of the trash fish, headed toward Causey. Stopped at what looked like a promising stretch of the Ogden N. Fork. Threw everything in the tackle box. Even threw worms. No love.

Hit Causey for the rest of the evening. Fished off the dam. Fishing was kinda slow, threw just about everything in the tackle box again but all they wanted was a crawler floating just off the bottom. We each ended up with two tigers. Daughter caught a nice, very pretty colored one. Pic doesn't do it justice but anyway...

Had trout stuffed with onions, dill, seasoning salt, and garlic and a squeeze of lemon...along with baked potatoes and corn for dinner tonight. Delicious [cool]
[signature]
The trout you cooked up sounds delicious.
[signature]
Thanks, it was. It was actually daughter who cooked them. She catches, cleans, and cooks her own fish [cool]
[signature]
Congrats on getting some time on the water, and nice trout. How was causey looking, is it getting pretty murkey.
I have been trying to get out the past couple weeks but work and honey do's have kept me from sneeking away so far.
[signature]
Nice colors on that tiger and way to get a few fish outta Pineview. Sounds like a tasty treat!

Swim beach is always a carp hang out.

Glad you were able to avoid the cerial burgler I heard about. Apparently the person strikes in the morning and smashes and grabs, in and out in minutes from what I read. 8 cars so far from Odgen canyon to Pineview. I always worry about my car sitting unattended.
[signature]
Yup, murky murk [Smile] Not like chocolate milk or anything, but definitely not the clear water of a couple months ago through the ice.

Honey do list...do a few and tell your honey you've earned a day out on the water. Works for me [Wink]

[quote mattpeace]Congrats on getting some time on the water, and nice trout. How was causey looking, is it getting pretty murkey.
I have been trying to get out the past couple weeks but work and honey do's have kept me from sneeking away so far.[/quote]
[signature]
Thanks, TDT, we were pleased. We sorta realized that the carp would hang out there after we caught a couple, but I was kinda hoping to hook up with some perch. Water was too high to get safely down to my usual panfish spot in the Narrows, and I'd caught perch before in a similar location, so we figured we'd try it. I was hoping the flooded trees and brush might make a nice perch hangout. But nope, just bullheads and carp.

As far as a car burglar, hadn't heard about that so thanks for the heads-up. I drive an old pickup, not much in there to try to steal. Maybe our campfire marshmallows or an old beat-up camp chair, that's about it. Still, I hope they catch him soon, that's gotta get old. Too bad it's getting too warm to leave my German shepherd in the truck [sly]

Have a good one!

[quote TyeDyeTwins]Nice colors on that tiger and way to get a few fish outta Pineview. Sounds like a tasty treat!

Swim beach is always a carp hang out.

Glad you were able to avoid the cerial burgler I heard about. Apparently the person strikes in the morning and smashes and grabs, in and out in minutes from what I read. 8 cars so far from Odgen canyon to Pineview. I always worry about my car sitting unattended.[/quote]
[signature]