Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 4/30/2012
Wow!!! it was FREEZING cold this morning when we got there (around 7) for the first little bit casting spinners i actually had water freeze into my guides and make it difficult to reel it in. However it wasnt long until my nephew started really tearing it up. He caught 20-something trout (mix of bows and cuts) my brother, my other nephew and myself (all older) only caught 4 each. The fish of the day was about 20 inces I believe. Well after about 3 hours the wind picked up real bad and we took off. We hit a small pond on the way back and caught another 20-30 (we lost count it was one right after another mostly real small planter sized trout, but we did have a couple 15-16s)

I did end up catching an albino rainbow trout, first ever. Kinda cool, i thought it was a brookie at first looking at the orange on the back (thought it was a belly up brookie) It was very small but hey, fish are fish.
[signature]
What a great day, still need to get an albino myself these days.
[signature]
Nice job. We were out in the after noon and did pretty well. Was the average fish 7-8 inches for you guys too? Any tigers?
[signature]
No tigers, the average was about 15" for us
[signature]