Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assaulting
A little too quiet here. I got to test out the Assault in Idaho for maiden voyage, and pretty happy with it.
Went to DC Saturday. Got a sort of late start meaning on the water by 10. Slight breeze that was building, but not too bad.
Got into some strong fighting bows and that puts a Smile on anyone's face.

[Image: IMG_4335.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4330.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4331.jpg]
Fly of choice this time was the Olive and Burnt Orange Denny Rickards seal bugger on a Type II line.
[Image: IMG_4328.jpg]

Wind picked up but still managed a few more. Man it got cold quick though. So not dressed for it, called it a day around 1 p.m.

[Image: IMG_1955.jpg]
[signature]
Looks like you were working under the Heber Creaper tracks; usually a good place for trolling.
[signature]
Got me on that one. By the inlet. I was just sitting in about 19' of water, casting and stripping (the fly line)[Wink]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Got me on that one. By the inlet. I was just sitting in about 19' of water, casting and stripping (the fly line)[Wink][/quote]

was gonna say honey, if you're already cold . . .

sound like fun with spring slime rockets! chunky!

north of the border, . . . got me going! Need to take a turn!
Fish! Finally some fish!

It looks like the Assault is riding the waves nicely. How does the ride compare to the Renegade?

On the north of the border thing..... WIND!!
[signature]
The Renegade has more room on the sides of the seat and behind, plus the open front. It takes a little getting use to but nice to lay the rod down without fear of it falling in the lake. These are also smaller diameter toons, so with waves and hippers, you rear can get wet.
It is easier to reach the motor as a trade off for space behind seat. I put my PFD between the seat and the battery and I am leaning against it. Very comfortable. On my Renegade, I carry a little basket that fits between the seat and battery, so I am guessing you loose maybe 6" with the Assault. Haven't tried rowing yet. Next outing.
[signature]
Nice... I think that is my next purchase in a year or two when my son gets older... Hopefully one of these trips I can catch up with you and take it for a on lake test drive. I was curious how it would row especially with the carbon fiber oars and how it would ride with 2 or three people in it.
[signature]
We also have the XX and it did great with Poky at maybe 225 and Alan at 215 and Baxter at 18 plus gear
[Image: IMG_4311.jpg]

Another friend has the Assault and is trying the battery up front

[Image: battery1.jpg]

Be easy to figure out a seat for the front instead of the battery and a child is probably the same or less weight as the battery
[signature]
Nice fish![cool]
[signature]