Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inner cast Rod
I took the dive an got me an inner cast rod. Cabelas lightest innercast rod was a medium action. It seemsa bit stiff but I love the facti that I don't get the line tangle at the end between the two end guides. I have caught numerous smaller fish 8-10" range, and it lacks the sensitive action like I am used to. I guess I'll have to keep fishing to land a bigger fish and see how well it works. Thanks for the previous advice.
[signature]
I had the spinning and casting innerline rods for a few years now. I relly liked the action on the rods. I did find out that they are a little brittle in cold weather. I snapped the casting rod in the wintertime on Flaming Gorge. I was using braided line adn just put too much pressure on the pole. I doubt it would have broken under normal stress.

The biggest fish I have caught on one yet was 5lbs. The pole worked great for controlling the fish and I love the smooth feel. Keep us informed on your success.
[signature]
I was wondering how to deal with this type of pole in the winter. Is it possible to fish when below freezing, and how do you deal with freeze up? I usually just dip the rod tip in the water for a few seconds, but how do you handle it with this type of rod?
[signature]
It would be extremely difficult, if not impossible to use one in freezing temperatures. Water will likely accumulate inside of the rod and then freeze. I agree with the comment that they are a little stiff; however, I found that the tip area of my rod is sensitive enough for me to use it vertical jigging for macks at Bear Lake.
[signature]
I would tend to agree with Kent. I did not try the rods in below zero, but I did try them at close to or at freezing. I didn't have any trouble, but I usually put up the long rods and go to the short ice poles around that time. If I am jigging or trolling at the Gorge after November, I'm usually using other rods than these. I like a little softer rod for winter fish. I use a 6-7 foot spinning outfit for jigging (easier to clean out the eyelets than my casting rods) and my 8.5 foot downrigger rod for trolling.
[signature]