Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Utah
Thought i would check in, fishing is really picking up here in Kansas. Getting into a few walleye, lots of white bass and crappie and a few wipers. Here's one of my walleye, that's fog behind me, caught him at the spillway on one of the lakes here. Nice to be able to fish a spillway again we can also fish the face of the dam here. Also a few pictures of us out in the boat catching crappie and at the boat ramp cleaning them. There's a picture of one of the spillways, it has 14 gates and on this day 12 of them were open. Well that's all for now i'll check in again soon. Hope the fishing is as good there as it is here.

LIVE TO FISH
[signature]
[cool]Hey, poncho, glad to see you aren't sitting idle back there. Nice pics. Those are white crappies. Right? Don't see many of those out west. We do have them in one of the lakes near Phoenix, but they are rare. Most of the crappies out here are the black variety.

Just about time for winter there too. Do you do any "drillin' and doodlin'" when the water gets hard?
[signature]
Nice report. Good to hear from you.
[signature]
I'll be back in Utah by the time we have ice here. We very seldom have what i would call safe ice around here. Some years i don't even put my boat up for the winter. I like winter fishing where i can use my boat. We have both black and white crappie in kansas, the ones in the pictures are white.
[signature]
Nice fish Poncho. Glad you are able to get out and do plenty of Fishing in Kansas. Hope to see more posts from ya. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]
Hey Poncho,

Great to hear from you!!! As usual, some great lookin fish!! Out of curiousity, what kind of boat is that in the pic. The wife and I are looking at buying a new boat after the first of the year and I like the looks of that one.
[signature]
Capaso,Bato its good to hear from you again,great pics,later,M.H.
[signature]
Good to hear from you again. Hopefully, next time you're here, the water at Deer Creek will start filling up this winter, making for sufficent boat launchings. Then we can bash those eyes!
[signature]
In one of the pictures I think you can read Crestliner on the side of the boat.
[signature]
That's my creastliner, i bought it new in 2001 it's been a great boat. Handles rough water really well and the ride is great. All welded hull no rivets the 150 Merc. pushes the boat with no problem. So far i would have to say when you do buy at least take a look at the Creastliner line they are worth a look.
[signature]
Catching fish like always!!! [cool] Great picts and you seem to be having a good time. WEll have fun and we will look for ya ice fishing this winter????
[signature]
Poncho,

Great report bring some of that water with you when you come back. I wish our fisheries would be managed like other parts of the country.
[signature]