Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
baseball vs. fishing!!!
I was talking to my baseball coach today about a fall-ball league that our school is playing in. we play every saturday.
yeah sure.... no problem.

BUT, i work on saturdays. that is my scheduled day! i am a deckhand on a sportfishing vessel.

he says that i have to change my schedule or i can kiss my spot on the varsity team good-bye!

fishing is my life. that is what i love to do! i dont know how to tell this to my coach.[:|] im kinda Confused. i dont know what to do.

joe
[signature]
the hell with baseball go fishing
[signature]
ya thats what ive been telling myself. there was no hesitation when i said to myself that fishing comes before baseball!

joe
[signature]
[size 2]I concur. Baseball is 2nd, like marriage. ( Just kidding honey[blush] )[/size]
[signature]
If you're any good at baseball, then stay and play. Cause you call always find another fishing job. You're only young once.

I'm not really clear on all the circumstances, but is the captain of the boat going to tell you that if you don't work Saturdays, you'll never fish again?

Plus, fishfather - doesn't really like baseball and petty4life is a racing fan.

Also, Teddy Bomb Pop was a very avid fisherman and one of the greatest hitters of all time. I bet he chose baseball first when he was young. Just don't neglect your kids when you have them so you end up like The Splendid Splinter!

That's my 2 cents
---------------------------------------------------------
[signature]
[size 2]I actually hate baseball[sly] Let's get the facts straight. [/size]

[size 2] Joe,[/size]

[size 2]Seriously. If you plan on pursuing some sort of sports career then by all means playball, no pun intended.[/size]

[size 2] If you are only playing ball just because then I would follow your heart which seems to be fishing. [/size]

[size 2] Who knows with all the experience you pick up now you may end up first mate somewhere or even Capt of your own boat[sly][/size]
[signature]
Yeah, what he said, except the I hate baseball part.

How can you hate baseball? Are you American?[sly] LOL
[signature]
[size 2]Nope Austrian. Like Arnold[Wink] Just kidding of course I am American! But believe more and more people I know do not like baseball. I sleep through it.[/size]

[size 2] Gimme NFL football anyday! Those guys work for a living, except maybe the kickers![laugh][shocked][/size]
[signature]
I think what it boils down to is what do you like more?

Is baseball just something to do just to pass your time or do you hope to make a career out of it?

Same goes for fishing. Both are great enjoyable sports. But like I said, it depends which you enjot more.
[signature]
being a captain of my own boat is my goal! being a professional baseball player is like a 1/1000000000000000000 chance! i love baseball too! i have played for 9 or 10 years. but i am still going to play baseball. just on the JV team. that is fine with me though. Im only a sophemore, so i still have time!

joe
[signature]
[size 2]There you go fishing boat Capt[sly] That's some I could see you definetley doing. Maybe with a couple boats over the years.[/size]

[size 2] But you got to hook all us old guys up when we come out.[Wink][/size]
[signature]