Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout recipe that my wife actually likes!
My wife is particular when it comes to fish. I'm sure most of us have family members that don't care much for it. Some waters produce better tasting trout than others but here is a simple recipe that will improve the flavor of any trout. I don't do exact measurements so I'll give an estimate.

1/2 cup soy sauce. 2-3 tbls of brown sugar. a little ginger. a little garlic. a little veg oil. boil to melt sugar & chill.

Put the whole fish on the grill. (I try not to cook fish inside the house because they taste better grilled and it doesn't make the house smell fishy.) I cook just long enough to make the skin a bit crisp. At this point I remove the skin with a fork. I then baste the flesh with the sauce. Baste every couple of minutes until the fish is cooked through. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
[signature]
That does sound good, I am writing that down and will have to try it next week. Were you just experimenting around to find that concaucion????
[signature]
My neighbor gave me the recipe for the sauce. The way to grill is my own finding. Hope it works well for you.
[signature]
[cool] I like that recipie. Have you every tried a marinade with soy and lemon juice??? It comes out really good too. with the same other ingredients that you mentioned and the same cooking method. It also come out really good.[cool]
[signature]