Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great news!!!!
Workers are nearing the completion of Deer Creek dam. They have been modifying it to make it withstand a 7.5 earthquake by replacing the sand at the bottom of the dam with denser dirt and using rebars etc.

The even better news, once they finish the dam, Jordanelle water managers have agreed to release water to help fill up Deer Creek.
[signature]
That is great news and it sure won't hurt Jordanelle to lose some water.
[signature]
That is great, I have finally got to experience some fishing on Deer Creek this year, by going with Lundman, and I have definitely added Deer Creek to my main fishing list!!! It needs water!!! But over all [center]PRAY FOR SNOW IN MULTIPLES OF 5 FEET THIS YEAR[/center]
[signature]
I went to fish Deer Creek yesterday and the water was so low. I found a prop, an anchor and a rod. They have added 100 ft to the island ramp and it is still way out of the water. I was able to launch by pushing the boat off the skids and poleing out into deeper water. The fishing was ok, all recent planter trout.I spent half the day looking for walleye and exploring the bottom with my aquaview. I found them in 50 ft of water in a negative mood. The lake was glass calm perfect for jigging The upper end of the lake is murky and full of algae. I fished the main lake with rapala tail dancers, my new favorite lure. If you see this lure run you will know why.

Your news is great. The fish would have a very had time this winter if they did not get more water.
[signature]
The rod didn't happened to be a lamiglas with a shimino calcutta reel on it? My brother lost his over this side this spring and every time we go fishing there he whines about the lost.

Was launching a bigger boat a maybe with 4WD? I am going to the Gorge this weekend but will be up there next wekend.

Thanks for the information....
[signature]
Sorry Lundman it was a trolling rod and reel rusted out and I left it on the beach. I watched a ski boat try to launch and he couldn't. Unless you can slide or push you boat off in 6 inches of water you will have to back in to over the floor boards.
[signature]