Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wider tuber booties
Now get your minds out of the gutter it's not what your thinkin, I'm referring to booties you wear over stocking foot waders under your fins. I'm having a hard time finding any wide enough to accomidate heavy wool socks so my toes don't freeze. Hodgman doesn't seem to have any variance in width, only length.
Any ideas?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Are you referring to the neoprene boots built into the waders...or the divers boots you wear over them, between the waders and fins?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I wear a size 13 shoe and also find it difficult to buy either larger size waders or booties large enough to wear over them. You need to go online to find the larger waders. I got a pair of 5XL directly from Stearns/Hodgman. Actually too big but will hold as many layers as I need to put on. Then I go to one of the online divers supply stores listed in the Buyers Guide above. I got a pair of size 16 low cut divers booties...3 mm. I had to cut a slit in the top to get them on over my waders but that closes back up when you stuff them in your fins.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.swimoutlet.com/Scuba_Booties_s/519.htm"]SWIM OUTLET[/url][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]After all that you need to make sure your fins are large enough to hold all that bulk without constriction. Doesn't make any difference how large your other foot coverings are if you lose all the insulation by constriction.[/#0000ff]
[signature]