Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ferron Res/Millsite Res
Heading down south this weekend and wondering if anyone has fished Ferron or Millsite Reservoirs lately?
[signature]
I heard they are reworking the dam up at Ferron this year. So the fishing may not be too great if they have drained the reservoir, or if they have muddied the lowered level with their equipment.

Willow is usually as good as Ferron, or you can swing around over to Duck Fork, and try for some of the big Tigers in there (flies and artificial lures only on Duck Fork).

And god knows there are also lots of other lakes in that general area that all hold fish.

Good luck, let us all know how you do.
[signature]
Thanks U.P.! I'm just hoping I will have time to fish. Me thinks it's gonna be a quick trip.
[signature]
Ferron is a bust until the new fishies grow. I haven't heard about the dam work, but I know they poisoned the lake and the creek below for the cutthroat restoration project.

Millsite will be a good one. Throw minnows and spoons for a great time.

Don't forget that Joe's Valley is down there. Awesome place as well (and the creek below it is incredible).
[signature]
Thanks LOAH! It's nice having regulars in here who fish those places a lot.
[signature]
As Loah said, ferron was poisoned last year and will be a while before it's good, I don't believe you can access duck fork yet, However willow and wrigley spring can be good and both have tigers.
cottonwood creek ( the river below joes valley) has many browns with a few larger ones. This is an ideal time to get the larger splake from shore at joes valley , Used 1/2 chubs to keep some of the smaller ones off.
[signature]
It might still be a little too early to access Feron, but it sounds like it won't be any good anyways, Duck Fork is always fun though to catch them tigers if you can get to it[reply][/reply]
[signature]
when u get back, please let me know how it is down there.we do allot of boosting and camping there.I'll be there in about 2 Weeks.thanks
[signature]