Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BCR and Dinner Spot 5-10
Big Cottonwood River - Arrived at 2:30pm to my favorite stretch. I was determined to catch one on the fly but after trying a few different flies I gave up. 1st cast with the trusty blue fox in gold size #0 provided me with a 14 inch brown! In my excitement I accidently threw back the fish, after a few seconds I realized "dam that was a keeper for dinner". Oh well I caught 5 more browns and lost another good one for BCR standards. For the last 30mins I hit almost every pullout and tried to catch fish. I guess my tye dye T-Shirt was too visible and I never got a bite.
[Image: 789389.JPG]

Went to my Twins new top secret hole from 8pm to 8:45pm. We took turns after catching a fish as the spot is that small. I caught 4 cutts and my twin caught 6 cutts. I even got 1 on the fly rod using a ju ju midge. The rest the time we threw Silver or Gold Blue fox's in size #1. All the fish were released today.
[signature]
Nice Brown Trout!
[signature]
Love BCC. I have caught lots of brownies up there over the years. Dunno If I ever got one that was ever close to 14" But I know I have spooked some large ones. Nice work on bringing one in. I have a lot of spots above the "S" curve that have done well for me over the years.

[cool]
[signature]
[quote utahpunk]Love BCC. I have caught lots of brownies up there over the years. Dunno If I ever got one that was ever close to 14" But I know I have spooked some large ones. Nice work on bringing one in. I have a lot of spots above the "S" curve that have done well for me over the years.

[cool][/quote]

Yeah I felt like the piggy was an accomplishment as I had already lost a good one there 2 weeks ago. Still the vast majority of the ones I catch are really small. But hey the fast current makes them feel bigger.
[signature]