Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle
Went to the nelle this morning. It was a perfect morning except I can't catch fish on this lake. Tried drop shoting and got one rainbow about as big as my gulp minnow and a bunch of snags. Tried trolling no fish. Water temp low 50. Bass rods you are the master you make it sound so easy. Back to the drawing board for me.[Sad]
[signature]
Your probably fishing to shallow. look for bass in 25-40 ft of water right now. Trout should hit anything trolled near the surface but I like gold and orange this time of year, brown trout and rainbow work well to. troll across points in the rock cliff arm. And look for suspended fish on the points, I have jigged browns up off of points, crawfish colors with a chunk of chub on it has worked in the past. And some of the guys like to throw BIG swim baits for big browns but not sure if it is to late to do this.

Good luck, And hope cliff will chime in he seems to always catch fish up there.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
Just wait until the water temps get to its summer temp then all the bass are up shallow, ends up being fast and furious fishing and the trout seem to disappear, it's a big bass and perch party instead...no complaints here.
[signature]