Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big sucker in Millcreek.
Seriously, a big sucker.

[Image: IMG-20120511-00841.jpg]

Size 12 Prince Nymph. Thought I had a snag, then it took off, and then I was sure I was fighting a piano. Impressively good fight.

[Image: IMG-20120511-00842.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20120511-00843.jpg]
[signature]
Without giving up the location and all was this up the canyon? PM me if you feel like it. I would be interested to know how far up they can make it.
[signature]
did u kill the fish or put it in the jordan river where it suppose to be because when i caught one of those in kidney pond i tose it back its home in the river ???
[signature]
I don't care about location, as I'm sure nobody gives a crap to go catch suckers. This was about 9th west and 3300 south? Just north of the jail. There is a water treatment plant right off the road, and it's chalk full of these buggers. There are some massive carp in there as well, and there was a guy there catching cutthroat with a blue fox spinner, who said he usually catches brown's. There were also a couple of dead goldfish -- big gold fish -- in the shallow slow water. Talk about diverse water.

Anyhow, I fished it hard for about four hours and this fish was the only bite I had all day long. Lot's of fish in there, the water is pretty clear, and they were actively feeding -- I just couldn't figure out what it was they were eating. Good luck.
[signature]
never mind sorry read your title wrong i thought it Sad mill race pond XD
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]did u kill the fish or put it in the jordan river where it suppose to be because when i caught one of those in kidney pond i tose it back its home in the river ???[/quote]

Uh...
[signature]
sorry i was thinking of mill race pond for a second
[signature]
troutbum dave, can you give more info about this place? mainly location and how to get there. Is it part of the jordan river by then?
[signature]
2900 s 900w is where the treatment plant dumps in. I have seen lots of carp, suckers and bluegill in there.
[signature]
do you fish above or below the plant?
[signature]
try both.
[signature]
[Image: 2d1bea77.jpg]
[signature]
I've caught more suckers this year than any other I can remember. Mine have all come out if the Weber though. They are a blast to fight!
[signature]
[quote TroutBumDave]I don't care about location, as I'm sure nobody gives a crap to go catch suckers. This was about 9th west and 3300 south? Just north of the jail. There is a water treatment plant right off the road, and it's chalk full of these buggers. There are some massive carp in there as well, and there was a guy there catching cutthroat with a blue fox spinner, who said he usually catches brown's. There were also a couple of dead goldfish -- big gold fish -- in the shallow slow water. Talk about diverse water.

Anyhow, I fished it hard for about four hours and this fish was the only bite I had all day long. Lot's of fish in there, the water is pretty clear, and they were actively feeding -- I just couldn't figure out what it was they were eating. Good luck.[/quote]
So just being that close to the turd farm, you sure he was talking about browns as in fish?
[signature]