Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Dell 5-13
Little Dell - Arrived at 6:30pm. My twin caught 1 cutty on a rainbow rapala. We got a few bites using gold kastmaster and others but switched to learn the way of the fly by 8pm. My twin missed one fish on a dry fly black mosquito pattern. I tried using the same pattern but with a zebra midge under the dry. Whoops, don't try that in the wind. For an hour my stuff was tangled up super bad. Oh well we live and learn. I was not shocked to see my bad presentation was ignored. We left at 9:15pm.
Spoke to a few guys that were fly fishing the dam. They got 30 cutts! Next time I am hitting the dam with my fly rod!

[Image: 790028.JPG]
[signature]
nice cutty, im always too lazy to walk to the other side of the inlet, so i just walk strait down by the parking lot, but fishing has been better on that side for sure IMO. Is the water level rising up at all?
good report twins

tightlines
[signature]
Yes, finally the water level is going back up. We were on the other side at the inlet and a bit further down. Still the dam is the better place to be I guess.

I was too tierd from the "last day" of skiing snowbird on sunday to walk alll that way. Snowbird is a crazy party mecca on the last day![cool]
[signature]
hell ya for sure. when the water gets higher up the inlet and the weed bed grows back its killer with wooly buggers on the fly and usually seems to produce bigger fish, hopefully this year too. I also went up to EC for just a minute on the way back from the weber, didnt fish but the water temp in my cove is too cold still for crappie, 42 to 44 degrees, give it a few more weeks and it will be calling my name.

tightlines
[signature]
Been wanting to get up their on my float tube still havent taken it out since I got it last year!
[signature]
Might want to wait a few more weeks so you can drive down to the lower parking. Doesn't it open on Memorial Day weekend? And don't forget $5.00.

Jazz, I have heard from shore fishers that it gets harder as it gets warmer..fish moving out deeper. I know I catch them in 30' to 50'.
[signature]
I think Im going to hit it in two weeks when I get my next 7 days off, hopefully by then it will be heating up a little.
[signature]
Memorial is when the $5 fee starts. Not too hard to take a tube out there but it is a walk. Consider that it aint far to me as I do those crazy backcountry adventures.[crazy]
[signature]
That you do. But, as you have pointed out I'm old and closer is nicer with a pontoon.
[signature]
As others have pointed out...memorial day is when the gate opens and the $5 fee starts. Seasons pass to the place goes for $50 and will last until October 31st, then the gate is closed again. Also remember that they DO NOT make change.
[signature]
AND do not take credit cards.[cool]
[signature]
Why don't u just get a national park or what ever there called for $75 a year to any park like u can use at uinta, af, moad. Do u think that pass would work at little dell?
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]Why don't u just get a national park or what ever there called for $75 a year to any park like u can use at uinta, af, moad. Do u think that pass would work at little dell?[/quote]
Maybe it's because LD isn't a "National Park". It's run by Salt Lake City, since it's their water, and they get the money.
AF and the Uintas pass is a seperate pass all by itself. No good anywhere else.
Utah State Parks pass is another one that's only good for Utah State Parks.
If you have a job, better get some OT in. You'll need it if you want some passes.
[signature]
I understand the little dell part but ya I think I have a national forrest Pass or some thing like that and it's not separate pass from uinta and ad because I use it all the time lol, as well I use it at Moab in the arches.
[signature]
Omar was breaking hard at the Dell yesterday morning. Had several unlicensed meat flingers lined up with hands on their heads while they waited for back-up.

It's stonefly season, yellow in #12.
[signature]
[quote Troll]Omar was breaking hard at the Dell yesterday morning. Had several unlicensed meat flingers lined up with hands on their heads while they waited for back-up.

It's stonefly season, yellow in #12.[/quote]

Thanks for the stonefly part but please forgive me if the 1st part didn't make sense. Would you care to elaborate?
[signature]
I thought I was talking your language.

Omar (the Sheriff as in Omar Sharif) was breaking hard ( arresting) .....

Had several guys using bait to fish with and they were of a population demographic that seems to not have fishing licenses...
There were 5 of them, standing there with their hands on their heads and I saw another officer racing to the scene at the parking lot as I was driving past the Emigration canyon road on my way back down.

So, in short, several Hispanic guys were being arrested for no license and using bait by the SL county sheriffs.
[signature]
Fishinglover, Little Dell is $50. for a year, Rockport, Deer Creek, Jordanelle, Willard and the other Forest Res even down south is $75. American Fork/tibble and the Uintas is another pass and not sure if it is $50. or higher.

Or you can just pay whatever at the gate. Strawberry, no pass[Sad]
[signature]
they might get em deep but i still get em on the weed bed in the shallows all year usually.
[signature]