Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forward or reverse with a gas motor?
That is kind of the owners manual. Here is a better one for the 2.6 hp.

http://colemanpowered.com/en/parts-a-acc...egory_id=2

Actually the 2.6 HP does not have a reverse it only has neutral and forward. You have to turn the motor around. There is a rotation lock in the back. You loosen that up and turn the motor 180 degrees as it is clamped on the mount. You don't have to take the motor off the mount it spins in the assembly. After the motor is turned the throttle arm flips over so you can work the gas. SO the boat is going in reverse but the motor is always going forward make sense?[crazy]
The 5 hP and up have forward neutral and reverse gears I think. In that case that much reverse might not be good. When I found out about how this motor worked for reverse I decided I was going to get one right then.

The height for the mount is going to be difficult for any inflatable. I was lucky that I have a shop available to make stuff. The height now is perfectly where the manual wants it to be in forward or reverse. Before with the OEM mount the only way it was right was forward. Now it is good to go both ways. here is what the manual shows. Ron

[Image: Motorheight.jpg]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [flygoddess] Forward or reverse with a gas motor? - by idahoron - 05-13-2012, 09:09 PM