Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Turkey hunt
The wife and I didn't draw the early hunt this year so we hunted the general hunt. We were not able to hunt until this past weekend. We both got our toms, hers being the largest with a 10 in beard and 1 1/16 in spurs. Mine sported a 9 3/4 in. beard with 3/4 in spurs. Both were Rios. We didn't weigh either bird but I'm guessing her tom would have went over 20 Lbs. Her bird went to Wilderness Taxidermy to get a flying mount done, we have a strutting tom mount I got a couple years ago. We didn't have our camera so the pictures are taken with her cell phone. It was a great Mother's day weekend for her. Ya got to love that women.[Smile]
[signature]
Very nice!
[signature]
We camped at Starvation over the weekend, didn't talk to anyone who had been doing any good on the walleye mostly trout and some bass. We will be headed back down next week to try the walleye for a few days.
[signature]
I'll be hitting the Gorge, going to pull the boat home so may be able to take a run out there. Don't know, Powell seems to be full of the eye's right now. I would like to run my Dad down there if I can break away from work.
[signature]
Congrats to you and Brenda Pete. Nice job.
[signature]
If you happen to get to Starvation, stop in and say hi we will be in the lower campground from 23-30 May. Red F150 crew cab and our black over tan Crestliner. Usually have a cold one or a JD on hand.[fishin]
[signature]
It sounds like you had a great time congrats to you both.[cool]
[signature]