Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge Browns
How in the crap do you catch a brown at the Gorge? Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.
[signature]
They're getting tougher all the time. Utah doesn't stock them at all. Wyoming still does but they are very secretive about locations. Buckboard Marina a few years back used to be loaded with them in the fall but the Tanners that run that place convinced the WF&G not to stock them there anymore because too many people fished off the docks and it raised the old fool's blood pressure too high.
That's all just my little theory though.
[signature]
I have been lucky a few times on the george and hooked some very nice browns, But that being said I have never went out to target Browns (on the Gorge). I have found that the Browns that I Have hooked up with are deep outside of Buckboard marina and I have caught them when I was targeting kokes or lakers.. The Bigger Browns I caught with a worm and pop gear... I would say if you wanted to target a BIG Brown I would use minnows or just a nightcrawler down deep in one of the trenches... I am guessing you are fishing the derby this weekend if so good luck I will also be there trying to luck out for a BIG Anything but will mostly be jigging for macks or trolling for kokes.... We will be team 248.. Again Good luck...
[signature]