Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lifetime Fishing Licenses

Hi there guys,

I thought some of you may be interested in fighting the increases in annual fishing licenses here in California by buying a standard residence lifetime fishing license. Here's the breakdown on ages at purchase time and cost (plus fishing package*) for 2003.

Ages 0 to 9- $300
Ages 10 to 39- $495
Ages 40 to 61- $445
Ages 61 and over- $300

1* $150 will be added to the figures above for the Enhancement Fishing Package.

Enhancement Fishing Package includes: two-rod, ocean fishing, striper stamp, salmon punch card and steelhead report card. NOW!!! That's Cheap.

I can't imagine this kind of deal lasting much longer, can you?

Lifetime hunting licenses are exactly the same as fishing. I suspect that restrctions on hunting will be more severe than fishing in the no-to-distnt-future so...... it might be smart to think about getting 'locked in' if there is such a thing.

I'm considering going ahead and buying a lifetime license as I'm staying put in southern cal.

You will want to surf the California DFG website to check what the add-on costs are for the inhancement endorsments will cost. Oh ya ..... more money yet.

Avaliable from the DFG's License and Revenue Branch in Sacramento. Call (916)227-2290 for additional info.

JapanRon
[signature]
Hello JR,

This really is a sweet deal! I went with the lifetime Sportsman License which includes hunting, I also got the upland bird stamp, boar book, deer tag, extra rod stamp. They send everything to the house early every year, including regs. Besides being a great deal it is way convieient. I love it.

Regular tag fees have already gone up since I purchased it a few years ago and I don't ever have to worry about it. The only down side would be if you think you may be moving out of state.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Hey JR, I was contemplating getting a lifetime license as well. The only thing that is holding me back is the fact that I don't know where I will be living the rest of my life.

Now if one of the perks were to also include a lifetime Torpedo pass, then I would take advantage of it right now. I like the enhancemet package also. That could just provoke me to go up to the Sacramento Delta area and try for some nice Salmon, Stripers and Steelies.
[signature]
Tuen2,

I thought the same thing about not knowing were I will be living will be a factor.

I currently have a lifetime for New York and Arizona. I got to say it is nice to go and not have to worry about the license.
[signature]

Hi theangler,

Ya, I just put my money where my mouth is and sent off $595 to Sacramento. The fishing package cinched it for me... man oh man two rod permit, ocean enhancement, striper stamp, salmon punch card, and steelhead report card the whole deal for $150.

I wonder if I'll get that new thing where one stamp is phased out and a 'delta or bay fishing' stamp is put in it's place for a certain area.

The only thing I didn't like about it is every year 'it's in the mail'.

Wow, you put out the bucks but then again, it'll pay for itself in no time, if it hasn't already.

JapanRon
[signature]