Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 fishing goals!!
hey guys just thought id ask around and see if people have any goals on fish species to catch or numbers or maybe certain bodies of water that they havent fished before. I gues ill start out by saying i have a few of them.

1. To catch a tiger muskie or a northern.
ive never targeted them and want to try it.
2. to get a wiper.
same as the muskies, never targeted them but heard there some good fighters and eaters
3. to catch more than 1 walleye in a trip[crazy]
everytime ive ever caught an eye this year its one and done.
4. A 20 lb catfish too.
now this can be done for me its just a matter of time on the jordan and itll come.

what ones do you guys have

tightlines
[signature]
Ditto on the musky/pike, I'd like to catch one trout over 23" and maybe a 7-8 lb catfish.
[signature]
I'm with ya on the catfish, I will take anything over 15 tho.
I want to also catch a northern
[signature]
ya man anything over 15 # is a good cat for sure.

tightlines
[signature]
If you want to catch northerns google trout camp saskatchewan , It is great! I went last summer and caught 50 a day and a 51 incher on a fly rod! Check the video under the packing tab!
[signature]
that definatly cool but i dont know when ill be in sasketchewan.[crazy]
cool though

tightlines
[signature]
1) Get a 100 fish day
2) Get a Artic Grayling
3) Get a Walleye
4) Get a Northern Pike
[signature]
1. Smallmouth 18" or bigger
2. Largemouth over 20"
3. Pike or musky on a fly
[signature]
#1 deer creek walleye on my fly rod
#2 fish pelican on my tube +gill on fly rod
#3 CACH A FISH AT THE BERRY i hate that lake always get skunked
#4 22+inch trout
#5 uinta grayling
#6 have fun with my kids and teach them to love fishing
[signature]
40 lb. + Lake trout out of fishlakeWink
[signature]
6 lb bass
45 inch muskie
And helpin bring home the cat contest win for the north baby!
[signature]
your on for the catfish contest, it should be lots of fun too see all the big kitties that come out of our state.
[signature]
ahhh yes forgot about the grayling been wanting those and i dont really know where to target them, maybe ill research it a bit, but they sure are cool looking fish
[signature]
1# Arctic Grayling
2# Tiger trout
3# Duck fork Res.
4# Trout through the Ice
5# Catch a cut on the Provo
6#Catch 18+in trout
7# Diamond Fork.
and of course
8# Have lots of fun fishing with the Kids.
[signature]
I bought a boat last year that came with a pair of downriggers. I have no idea how to use them. I want to learn how to use them and how to catch Kokanee in the process.
[signature]
Try catching a grayline in the high provo river thats challenge. I have only 2 in my life.
[signature]
1.) Learn to fish here in Utah [:p]
2.) Catch a Tiger Muskie.
3.) Have the best trip to the Berry I have ever had when my father comes out to visit.
4.) Have a 50+ fish day
5.) To have a great fishing seaon!
[signature]
Just to help recomend areas to complete goals. For Arctic grayling I will highly recomend backpacking into Marjorie from the crystal lake trail head. You could get to and from there on a saturday no problems.
As for Northers, I would recomend Redmond lake. Use a chub or minnow rig and shouldn't be a problem

As for goals:
1. Catch two wipers on a single trip.
2. 1st walleye any where even the Jordan
3. 35+ Tiger muskie
4. golden trout
5. learn to troll
[signature]
I have wiped a few off my "Must Do Before I Die" list already this year, including my first ever Walleye, Small Mouth on a top water fly, and LMB using traditional baits/lures -- caught them on the fly this year, but always scoffed at a "senko" -- I'm a believer now. I've got several to go though:

Pike on the fly.
Tiger on the fly.
Tiger Trout.
Golden Trout.
Wiper. (damn you Willard Bay, damn you)
June Sucker.
Carp with a bow.
Splake.
Lake Trout.
Burbot.

The only fish on that list that I am really anxious about are the Pike and Tiger Musky. The rest will come in time, but those toothy suckers have my frickin' number.
[signature]
[#000000][font "Arial"][size 5]None! [/size][/font][/#000000][#000000][font "Arial"][size 5][size 3]Just happy to be able to do what I'm doing. If I happen to learn something new like a new areas or lures, then that's a bonus. At my age, i'm just happy to be able to put one foot in front of another and enjoy Sparky being obnoxious. [size 4]Guess that's my fishing goal - keep doing it. [Smile][/size][/size]
[/size][/font][/#000000]
[signature]