Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Utah Catfishing Challenge
I've posted the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Contests_F100/gforum.cgi?post=743379;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]contest rules and entry information [/url]for the Catfishing contest on the contest board (follow the link above).

There will be allowance for individual or team entries, with the teams representing North vs South. You can get all the details on the contest link. If you have any questions, just shoot me a note.

This will be my first BFT contest, so bear with me. Try to make it as smooth as possible, hopefully we'll get folks out and into some fun fishing. It's all about fun right, well - and bragging rights!

NOTE: Just hope it's clear. There are two teams, N and S. Sign up for one or the other, or not. If you sign up for a team, your entries are expected to come from that regions waters. If you're independant, you can fish wherever.

If a notherner goes down to the Jordan and catches a 30" 30Lber - thats all well and good, It can be entered toward individual entry, but wouldn't count toward the N. teams group. Hope that seems reasonable.
is utah lake (mud lake) norh or south cause its just about in the middle?
[signature]
thats about the most southern lake mentioned.[cool]
[signature]
haha makes more sense if i look at the map

the south will rise again
[signature]
im thinking so, i got a spot on the jordan that ive hooked some cats that i cant land, getting some toughr test line and im all in.
[signature]
are you sure this is going to be fair to all those up north? [fishin]
[signature]
uh you serious? maybe it should be... is it gonna be fair to those down south? lol dude up north has big kitties! you will be surprised at what will be caught from up north... I know 2 guys how are gonna give them fellas down south a run for their money!

just wait and see
[signature]
Love the response!! I know the south will get a run for their money from us up north.
[signature]
Whats funny is when i played ball for the U, we called those byu holigans tds aka the team down south, they were always cocky and saying how they were gonna beat us every year, well my 3 yrs at the U and we stomped them every year, also was fortunate to watch one of their Qbs cry on local tv! It must be something with them peeps from down south (happy valley) that think they run stuff. I love utah lake but trust me down southers up north produces some real nice like kitties!

thank you come again
have a great weekend

GO UTES!! sorry bama but the tide got-got in 2008 lol jk
[signature]
Hey John, I thought I would make this a sticky post, at least until the sign up dead line has past.
[signature]
lol I agree go Utes!
[signature]
Just want to be sure all you cat-fishers are on board and aware. Check [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=746553;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]THIS LINK[/url] to see entrants and standings.

[center]The contest IS OPEN!!!
[/center]
I believe I've reached out to everyone that's either contacted me, or that I've seen a note from requesting entry.
I've marked the entrants [#005000]GREEN [/#005000]whom I've received payments.
If you think you've made your payment, but it's not indicated, shoot me another PM. Make sure you include your BFT handle with your payment.

Also - print off a Catfishing Banner from the Rules page. I'd suggest you write in your BFT name on your banner.
Start your own thread on the CONTEST board - just look at BAMA boy's entry, good model - and nice fish.
I messed up and i would like to be on the south team is that ok?
[signature]
how do i join the south??
[signature]
Still open for entries. Shoot me a PM if you're wanting "in".

Still looking for official entries from the following:

[#000000]Jazzperch1[/#000000]
in2fishing
TroutBumDave
BigEZ
quackerstacker
setthehook

If you've sent a payment, and you're on this list, drop me a note. If you haven't sent a payment, please do so soon. If you need information on how to make a payment, drop me a line.

Looking forward to seeing more of those Fat Cats on the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/Utah_Contests_F100/"]Contest Board[/url]

Feel free to check the STANDINGS and see how your team is fairing. (also - check my math!!! haha!)
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/gforum.cgi?post=746553;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]Standings Entrants[/url]
I'm going to push out the deadline for entries to the end of this month, as we've still got space open, and there have been some recent inquiries.

So - if you're still interested - shoot me a PM.
If you've got friends that are interested, pass it on.

But - we'll have a HARD STOP on June 30th. If I don't have your entry and entry fee you won't be counted in the competition.

Still waiting for a few more payments. Check the standings, if your name is not [#005028]GREEN [/#005028]- get a payment to me, or drop me a note, let me know what's going on.
Waiting for the toads to be done spawning
[signature]
Hey you mad Catters!

Competition is rolling along. There've been some nice entries, but I have a stinking suspicion the best is yet to come! Nothing over 30"es so far, but right on the cusp. Look to that state record folks - they're out there!

So - we're looking about one more week for entries, and payups to make entries official. There's a few folks that still need to submit their payment to get officially on board.

If you haven't gone "green" - please check with me. If you think you've sent a payment and I don't have it recorded - lets nail it down. If you haven't made your payment - it is DUE by end of June. Or your entries will not qualify.

I'm a "more is merrier" kinda guy, so bring it! If you've got any friends that might want to join is, "make it so".

But come first of July, the lock is in.
Shoot me a note here, PM, on the contest board - lets " git 'er done!". There's a lot of summer cattin still awaiting!
Just sent the five bucks. Looks like i'm gonna feed the Mosquitos.
End of the first month (plus). Have tallied up the standings for any interested. You can check the [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=757308#757308"]CONTEST [/url]board and see the entries themselves. Some impressive cats coming out to play!

The contest is young still, entries are closed, but two months remain.. So get your banner and tape ready, and get cattin! Just watch your drag my friends!

I've reached out to every entrant. Need contact back to confirm. Drop dead deadline is end of Monday. If I haven't heard solid plans, you're out. Sorry. Check the standings. If you're name ain't GREEN you ain't a GO!

[inline "Standings1 6_12.jpg"]
[signature]