Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 10-18-03 (report)
Fished strawberry today with Petty4Life and Aquaman from 8:00-6:30. It was great weather all day and no wind. We caught a total of 50 fish 7 where rainbows and lost quite a few more. We where jigging in 33' of water with green 1 1/2" tube jiggs. The fish where hitting real light. Surface temperature was 52 degrees.

Did any other BFT members make it up to Strawberry today?
[signature]
was a great day for fishing i caught most of my fish on a home tied jig
[signature]
Sounds like a great day! Any big ones, dude? Scofield was slow today, but the weather was great!
[signature]
P4L caught the biggest it was a 20" cutt. Most of the fish where 16.5"-18". Quite a few of the fish where real fat and good fighters.
[signature]
Glad to hear you had a good trip . Did you try any bigger jigs like 3" grubs and tubes ?
[signature]
HA69, We never did try any 3" jiggs. The smaller ones where working right from the start so we never wanted to change jiggs.
[signature]
Great report,I'm sorry I didn't get up there today.What part of Strawberry did you fish?
[signature]
Too bad you could'nt make it to Strawberry today I heard you where in Moab during the week. We where fishing 3/4 of a mile past mudcreek. Plus we fished over by Chicken Creek for a couple hours and only caught 1 plus 1 more while we where trolling back towards our original spot.
[signature]
[#000080][size 2]We got up to Soldier Creek about 8am. By 8:30 we were in the "Narrows" fighting our way through a cloud bank. We stopped and fished in an unfamilar place and started catching about 5 mins later. We only caught about 25 fish for the day, yet the smallest was 18".[/size][/#000080]

[#000080][size 2] My buddy and I were throwing pointer 78 jerkbaits. The biggest was an 24" at 5.1lbs. We did get 15 fish over 20". Only 1 fish was caught on a grub tipped with a worm. I forgot my casting net at,doh! [/size][/#000080]

[#000080][size 2] We started in the Narrows then went over by Aspen Grove marina. Somebody the other said the fishing was good over there. Then we crossed the bay just about a mile and half south of Soldier Creek marina, we worked the bank almost into the marina. We bypassed the marina and went up pass the boat docks into the northern most cove.[/size][/#000080]

[#000080][size 2] All in all, It was a quality day. We are used to alot high numbers this time of year. But, ya just can't beat size! We use to drift troll grubs until last year. Now, we fish Strawberry bass style. Smaller numbers in fish, but we are nailing the big'uns! I even caught a "Cutthroatasarus"(big fish) on a hugh craw shadrap. [/size][/#000080]

[#000080][size 2] Air temperature was 76 degrees at 5pm. Water was 50-53 degrees. I believe the moon and the warm weather moved alot fish back into deeper. Beauitful day. [/size][/#000080]
[signature]
Great report MGB, how many did you catch trolling? WH2
[signature]
Only caught one trolling on a #9 count down rainbow trout pattern but we only trolled for about 45 minutes just to relocate. When we reach the area we wanted to fish we marked alot of fish on the bottom so I marked it on my gps and circled back around to the waypoint I marked and threw out the anchor. It turned out to be a good spot we caught 18 more fish in 3hours.
[signature]