Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Report 10/18/03
Went up to Scofield today and proceeded to the boat launch over by the damn, only to discover that I only had $5.00 on me and the fee was $6.00.[mad] I dug around in my ash tray but could only come up with 50 more cents, so I asked the lady if she could spot me it. She said she didn't have any money with her. Just my luck, eh? Wanted to try 100 yards toward the main lake from the boat launch like "Jensonkid15" said he was killing them last weekend, but to my dismay, I had to go elsewhere. Fortunately not to far elsewhere, as I crossed the dam, and turned in by those old abandoned buildings just across from the boat launch and set my gear up there. There was already about 6 other party's there, so I moved down a bit and @8:30 started fishing.

It was a slow day for everyone around me, and including myself, but caught 3 Rainbows on sparkling rainbow Powerbait fished off the bottom with the largest being 15" and the other two being about 12". Not my best day on the lake, but much better than working. Everybody fishing from shore caught fish, but nobody had more than 4. Think I'll head up to Strawberry next time like I was gonna do this time.
[signature]
Don't you just hate it when you spend all the time to go fishing in your boat and then find out you forget your money? You should have made a sign up and held it for those people around you that were fishing from shore " Will let you fish in my boat for money, just 50 cent". I'm sure you would have had plenty of those guys that would have paid 50 cent to fish in a boat. Thanks for the report. WH2
[signature]