Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petes Hole, Soup Bowl, Grassy Lakes
It was tough deciding where to go with my four day U.E.A. weekend. (I'm a teacher). I decided to take my family camping and fishing since the weather has been unseasonably warm. We decided to camp at Pete's hole. I am new to the area and was very impressed with the area. At Pete's Hole I did best with a pink scud. The lake was well stocked and the fish were hungry. The kids were catching plenty of fish with just a worm and bobber. Between Thursday night and Saturday morning we probably caught 60-80 fish at Pete's Hole. All of them were caught and released if any of you have kids or grandkids who need to catch some fish I would defineately recommend Pete's Hole. The soup bowl was also well stocked. The extra 200ft of four wheel drive road must keep people from going down there. The bite was constant with just about any bait. I also took my pontoon over to Grassy Lake. I am not sure that is what it is called since the sign had been ripped off. The fish were much healthier there. They were fat and fought harder then any 12-14" rainbows I have ever felt. I had one on that was much bigger then that but of course it got awaySmile I only fished at Grassy Lake for about three hours but I landed 16 fish using a crystal killer leech (brown and green sparkle). I just found the weed pockets and stripped the leech along the edges. The trout ambushed the leech as it went by them. Over all I had one of the best weekends that I have ever had. I have been debating whether to start hunting again or not. I think I have decided that it is fun to be up in the mountains with the lakes to myself. Hope everyone else can get up and enjoy the hot fall fishing.

Windriver
[signature]
Hey windriver I grew up in the area and spent alot of time around petes hole,There's also another walk-in lake about a mile or 2 up the trail from petes hole.It has some nice brookies in it and don,t get fished often.It's a little dificult to fish(full of leaches making the fish grow but not to hungry)The stream you cross on the bridge in is called seely creek and holds a lot of pure wild utah cutroat,especially when you hike down in the deeper canyon,Thats one of my favorite spots to fish.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Not to appear too ignorant but where is this area. We seldom here reports on these lakes. Thanks for the info and great report.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Pete's Hole, & Grassy Lake are West of Castle Dale. Just follow the road From Castle Dale, to Orangeville, and then go behind Joes Valley Resevoir. The road changes to dirt and heads up into the mountains behind Joes Valley. It is a little rough but not too bad. It takes about 30 minutes past Joes Valley. The camp ground is nice and does not cost anything. There are signs that mark where to turn off to Pete's Hole and the Soup Bowl. Just small lakes, but perfect for float tubing or Pontoon.
[signature]