Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fishing Vacation
For our 11 year anniversary, I told my wife we were taking a family trip to Dinosaur National Monument. I didn't tell her I planned on a 4 day fishing vacation due to her amount of hatred for the act of fishing Smile
The first day off I headed to Utah Lake and boated around to my usual spots but due to a pressure system coming through the kittie fish were not having any interst in feeding w grunhile I smoked an 01 Rafael Gonzalez Pantela. Later I moved onto the Provo River but the wind was so gusty, it blew all kinds of debris into the river so every-time I cast a spinner it just caught gunk. I did have a nice sized brown take my bait pole but it ran under a tree and broke my line Sad I was feeling like the gods were Angry so I moved to Battle Creek and lit an Aurora 100 Anos. I spoke with a number of folks that said there weren't any fish to be had but I had a little hope, I start tossing a Chartreuse curly tail and started working the holes. Before long (1/4 of the way in to the Aurora) FISH ON! I picked up a small stringer full of White bass.
On Friday I hit the Jordan river in a nice sunny spot lit up a padron and picked up a few Bullhead catfish and a Bluegill.
Saturday morning, with the wife and kid in tow, we jumped into the 51 Hudson and headed to Dinosaur National Monument. Nice long pretty drive. We do a little sight seeing some hiking and finally set up camp. I was off to fish the mighty Green River (so named because of the floating moss that collects on your line and tugs as if it were a fish). That night I caught 2 little channel cats while smoking a Tat Wolfman.
Sunday morning, I was off to hit the Green again while the Mrs. cleaned up the camp Big Grin Only this time it was my son that caught the little channel cat while I smoked a Davi special T. I was disappointed with what the Green River had to offer so we packed up and headed for some warm water fishing at Pelican Lake. We spent the first 2 hours catching Bluegill and teaching an 8 year old casting techniques. Once my son was tired of fishing and my wife was bored to death, it was time for me to start bassin while they got lunch from the car. 15 casts and 3 bait changes and the buckets started hitting an olive cutter bug. lots of hits and 4 Full HOOK-UPS. I could have spent the rest of the day playing with the bass then the wife reminded me that if we didn't get home at a decent hour then I would miss out on any possible chance of Anniversary Nookie time, needless to say there is one thing that will stop me from fishin.

[Image: 428474_462826683743003_100000470270562_1...9995_n.jpg][Image: 292155_462826653743006_100000470270562_1...9818_n.jpg]
[signature]
Looks good.

Pelican is always a fun place to go to.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.