Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell ... a BFT road trip??
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]WiperHunter2 and I were tossing around the idea of a BFT road trip to Lake Powell for some of that famous Fall striper fishing. So, this is opening the question/invitation to see if any of you think it is doable.[/size][/green][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]If you would like to go, when would you like to go, how long would you like to stay, and what kind of plans would you suggest.[/size][/green][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]Even though I would like to go, there is a fair chance I can't. But watching that piece that Doug Miller did a week ago sure got me wanting to go.[/size][/green][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]So, here goes ... I purpose we go down to Bullfrog over a 4-day weekend Thursday - Sunday Oct. 30th - Nov. 2nd. Traveling down on Thursday and back on Sunday.[/size][/green][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]I thought I remembered hearing something about some barrack type lodging that is quite cheep ... 6-8 guys to a building for dirt cheep. Anyone have any details about that?[/size][/green][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]WH2 had mentioned that we could possibly camp right on the beach. But if I go, I have to sleep with an AC outlet near by (I have a sleeping disorder called sleep apnea. I have to wear a machine at night when I sleep.)[/size][/green][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]Here is a great Web site with many very good links related to striper fishing at Lake Powell. [/size][/green][/font][url "http://www.wayneswords.com/"][font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]http://www.wayneswords.com/[/size][/green][/font][/url]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 3]Anyway, I thought I would send this up the flag pole and see if anyone salutes.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Hey you got me all exited now old coot! Have not been to powell in 2 years!Had a great time there but i did a 3day stay . 3 days were enough for me caught so many fish in that amount of time.
[signature]
i proposed ghe idea earlier in the summer also. though im not sure now if i can make it my original intentions were around that time as well. let me see what i can do cuz i sure would like to get back down there. havent been to powell in probably 8 years or so.
[signature]
I might be interested too, but no boat. I've heard for years about the boils, but have never fished Powell, just water skied it
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 2]I was thinking that we could travle down on on Thursday, back on Sunday, and fish Friday and Saturday.[/size][/green][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 2]One more possibility ... Share the cost for a local guide on Friday.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][green][size 2]Well, unless I win a lotery, this trip is off for me. I can either afford one trip to Lake Powell or 5 trips to Bear Lake. I think I'll take Bear Lake.[Sad][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
With thanksgiving, Xmas and my 2 kids Birthdays crammed between those holidays, I wont be able to make it either.[Sad]
[signature]
Sorry I've taken so long to respond. I've been checking with the guys on the Wayne's words web site and I got some conflicing reports, I guess that should not surprise me. One guy that sent me an E mail said it will be a full moon during the weekend that I want to go(Nov.7,8&9) so the fishing would be bad and also it wold be cold. The guys that replied on my post said the fishing can be good to great but there are few people on the water so I must be prepared for any trouble.
One of the post from yesterday, said he got into a huge boil and he/they caught 30 striper with a total weight of 165 lbs, these big hogs were 26 inches long and 8 inches deep. I've got to do some more research and see if I can work it out but these reports sound great, if the weather turns cold that could change everything. That is a great web site, a lot of great users and a lot of postings.WH2
[signature]