Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek-10/20 Report
Had to try it.My friend Brad got skunked yesterday at Pineview and had his Lund ready to go. We figured if we couldn't float the boat on D.C., we would head up to Jordanelle.

Launch wasn't that bad. Had to go out a long way, but it was pretty solid.Nowhere to beach the boat safely. You have to go to the South bank and its rocky.

Water temp waas 55 at launch.

I caught a few Smallmouth(all small) around the corner, south of the harbor. Along the steep cliffs in 14 to 20' of water.

Found big schools of fish in 74' along the bouy line down near the dam. We put on 4oz. bouncers and pulled spinners through the marks and Brad had a BIG fish on and lost it. Too windy to jig for them. Even tried Rapalas behind bouncers. Couldn't catch anything.

Left and tried some other spots. Nothing.

Wind finally died down at 4:30 or so and we went back to the deep fish. They were gone. Couldn't find anything deep. Went home.

Water temp got up to 57.

walleyebob
[signature]
Thanks for the report Bob, it sounds like the warm water catching is coming to an end or at least slowing down. Time to go south or go trout fishing. I hear those big Macks calling from Bear lake and those stripers from Powell. WH2
[signature]