Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunnington Tigers-success!
First off, a big thanks to the Fuzzyfisher, and also rgreenland for their tips. We arrived at the lake at 11 and were on the water by 11:30. We started by trolling with our spinning rods. I gave my father-in-law, Gerry, rgreeland's secret weapon, the silver kastmaster, while I tried various other spinners. Gerry landed 4 nice tigers in the first 20 minutes. So I then jinxed both of us by switching to a silver kastmaster as well, and we had just 1 fish in the next hour. So we rigged up the trolling rods and tried some of the flatfish Fuzzy informed me of, and we were at once back into the fish. We caught 5 more fish while trolling about 1 3/4 colors out. The fish we caught with the leaded line were bigger than the ones caught with spinning rods, with the biggest coming in at 17". These sure are beautifull fish, one of them had a bright gold belly and was very fat. The straight silver flatfish size u20 caught two nice tigers, and elmos zipfish caught 3, colors on the zipfish were: silver and yellow, silver and green, and white with red dots. It was a perfect day to be on the water, and just when it couldn't get any better, the battery for my trolling motor ran out of juice over by the damn, just as a brisk headwind kicked up, so I got a nice workout rowing us back to the truck. All in all, a wonderfull trip, and I would once again like to say thanks to Fuzzy for his patience in sharing his expertise with me.
[signature]
Sounds like you had a good day fishing. For some reason I can't view the pictures.
[signature]
Great report, and those are some awesome looking fish and what a beautiful color they have, thanks for sharing. WH2
[signature]
I can't view them either. What format are they in? I've never seen files with a .tif extension. Are they supposed to be .gif?
[signature]
Try these pics
[signature]
Much better, thanks! Tiger trout are such beautiful fish! All these Huntington Reports has made me really want to get up there again. Haven't been there in 5 years. Next year it's on my guaranteed to fish list.
[signature]
That worked nice oictures.
[signature]
hey great job dude!! and a nice report!! as i was telling you dude the fish are hitting up there realy good right now!! i was happy to help my friend..maybe next time we can get up together.. thank's for the great report dude...

from the fuzzyfisher---------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Great looking fish!![Smile]
[signature]
Congrats on the successful trip. I am glad that the info helped. Looks like it was a litle warmer up there than the last time I went. Glad you had a great time. Now you've got to try it through the ice!!
[signature]