Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Report
Went down south for our annual bass and bluegill extraveganza. We left after church on Sunday so we didn't get down there until evening. Didn't matter it was raining like crazy until we got there.

Monday morning the water temps were at about 55 still a little cold for bass and bluegill. Thank goodness for stocker trout. We caught about 30 in the morning trolling flies behind the canoe. In the afternoon the bluegill started to bite but not on top. We ended up getting a few and the few that we got were bigger than the ones we had been seeing the last few years at Johnson.

Tuesday the water temp was up and the bluegill came in to there beds early on in the morning. Game on!!! We caught tons of them on top with sponge spiders. Some of them were very nice. Most of them were on the small side. We had to get back to Rexburg in time for a ball game so we started packing up at noon. My oldest son caught a 14" bass on topwater popper to end the day. He was really happy. Of course we were disappointed that the bass became active as we were leaving. O'well next time.

We didn't get many pics because I was messing with my go pro so much.

Here is one you might like.

Windriver
[inline Acebluegill.jpg]
[signature]
Thanks for the report. That is a nice gill for Johnson! Right now I'm just hoping they won't all have moved on by this time next week when I hope to get down to Twin Lakes to try and find some.
[signature]
Nice report. Sounds like you managed to slip in when the storms slipped out. Plus got into a good variety of fish. Sounds like you kept the kids busy!

Looking forward to trying some of those lakes soon. Still not sure which to hit first.
Are there Crappie in Johnson?
No crappie in Johnson

Windriver
[signature]
Cute pic! Where are the GoPro Vids?
[signature]
I won't have time to put it together for a couple of weeks.

Windriver
[signature]
I'll be here! [Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
I have caught crappie in Twin, Glendale, Condie and Lamont.

That's a really nice gill for Johnson. I just might have to give that place a try again.
[signature]